Old PSA, what to do if no payment yet

To get help with everything else. I know it’s easy to get distracted because of the tons of posts people make, but visiting the Japan forum is a good example of what Brave Community is SUPPOSED to look like. For example, want to see the types of things they have in their Brave Rewards portion?

Hi there, I’m a newbie to the forum and I’m looking for some advice. I am posting this to get some advice.

I’m planning to distribute a cosplay photo book at the Comic Market 99 event next week. I would like to reduce the amount of cash exchange on the day of the event by saying “I’ll give you a photo book as a thank you for your tip” ��.

But Brave is also a beginner and I am not very confident about it ��If you want, you can give me some advice if it is feasible and if there is anything that I should pay attention to.

The specific flow is as follows.

[12BAT will give away a cosplay photo book on the day!

As a thank you for your tip, we will give you a new cosplay photo book of C99.

Tip to my Twitter account by Thursday, 12/30.
DM me the date and time you tipped and your “order ID” for the tip and commission.
On the day of Winter Comics, ask me to tell you the account name in ② at the venue
Get the new book!

I’m using bitflyer. I will be at the venue on the day of the event to match the date and time of the tip that the recipient DM’d me.

I’m afraid this is a fluffy question, but thank you in advance.

That’s what this would be for! Yes, there was a tag on another asking what to do because they hadn’t got paid either. Guess what the response was? Let me share below:

We’ve been working on it for a few days now. It will take some more time before the problem is solved.

About the receipt of creator chips
I’m sorry, but may I ask you to send me the email address you have registered as a creator via DM so I can investigate this as well?

I apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.

This sounds kind of familiar, doesn’t it? Just give it time and DM some information. What’s amazing is they don’t have the complete spam and replication we have on English forums.

If you ever want to visit that side to read, you can check it at https://community.brave.com/c/japanese-support/148

I installed DeepL Translate on my browser (an extension) where I highlight text and click the button to have things translated.

And yes, there’s less than 1% of the number of posts on Japanese version as there is on English version. But a lot of that is because I’d estimate 70% or more of the posts here in English forums are repetitive and should have been removed by moderators. Sadly, people don’t use the Search feature to look for topics before they rush in to post.

1 Like

True, but as I stated, the information they need a lot of times is your Wallet Info and all. This is information that should be kept private for security purposes. The more you provide to others, the more likely it is you get your account(s) hacked or money stolen. A person could fill out a form or email them at support@brave.com but it essentially serves the same purpose as sending them a DM here and the support team has been stating they prefer to receive DM.

My logs have been saying this for months. No ads no rewards

[Dec 22, 2021, 6:41:44.9 PM:ERROR:credentials_promotion.cc(503)] Token list empty
[Dec 22, 2021, 6:41:44.9 PM:ERROR:gemini_wallet.cc(51)] Claiming tokens failed
[Dec 22, 2021, 6:54:57.9 PM:ERROR:publisher.cc(774)] Publisher info not found
[Dec 22, 2021, 8:10:20.9 PM:ERROR:get_parameters.cc(48)] Internal server error
[Dec 22, 2021, 10:47:49.5 PM:ERROR:get_parameters.cc(53)] Unexpected HTTP status: 504
[Dec 24, 2021, 11:50:45.8 AM:ERROR:gemini_wallet.cc(51)] Claiming tokens failed
[Dec 29, 2022, 6:07:06.9 PM:ERROR:wallet_balance.cc(225)] Can’t get gemini balance
[Dec 29, 2022, 6:07:37.0 PM:ERROR:gemini.cc(134)] Couldn’t get balance
[Dec 30, 2022, 10:57:11.0 AM:ERROR:refill_unblinded_tokens.cc(225)] Failed to get signed tokens

1. Digging through/posting their logs and making assumptions about what they mean is not helpful to anyone.
  2. That if users aren’t seeing ads or receiving payment, they need to reach out to us directly and they need to exercise patience as not only do we have 1000s of messages to go through between us (support), each individual ticket/DM/request can take anywhere from a few minutes, to a few hours to several days to diagnose.

So yeah, hit up @Mattches and @steeven

They usually need Wallet Info, but stick with what Steeven asks for…

• Copy/paste your Wallet ID (found on brave://rewards-internals )
  • Your OS and Brave version (first three lines in brave://version )
  • A screenshot of your Rewards panel in Settings --> Brave Rewards .
2 Likes

Has anybody actually gotten a response from the mods? I DM’d Steeven 3 days ago and Mattches 5 days ago with the required info and nothing heard back…

Yep, people mention getting results every once in a while. Unfortunately, people come to complain but don’t often come back to say thanks or let others know that things worked out. Yet fortunately in what I linked above, person commented today they had gotten their BAT after reaching out to @steeven (they just spelled his name wrong)

3 Likes

Not yet. A few days ago I sent a couple of DMs to @steeven and @Mattches . Still hopeful though

I’ve messaged @Mattches but I haven’t heard back from him yet. It seems that you guys need more people to do support. Are you guys hiring?

I feel like they scrapped the idea of payment status updates for now, it’s obvious a good chunk of the userbase is still pending on its payments (which is understandable). All we can do now, is wait. DMing once should help.

yo no he recivido nisiquiera el de diciembre. osea que los pago son selectivo

1 Like

Nah, no lo son, llevo más de un año usando brave y no me ha fallado ningún pago, excepto cuando mi billetera fue marcada erróneamente como fraudulenta, luego que se resolvió el asunto recibí el pago faltante

1 Like

I feel people should continue to post payout issues here in addition to the suggested DMs. It let’s others know how widespread the problem is. The number of posts regarding problems with BAT was my primary reason I decided not to participate in it.

The issue is that a lot of people are posting once every 24 hours or once every two and three days. If everybody would create just one post per person or let it be one person total and everybody just comment on it it wouldn’t be a problem. What is causing some significant delays is as I said, everybody creating multiple posts and then constantly tagging everybody in it. That wastes a lot of time.

I can tell you that the people that I spend more time helping are the ones that are able to just be patient and provide the information that is asked for. When people are constantly tagging or complaining, I tend not to want to help them because they’re too annoying. They’re speaking of myself anyways but I’m assuming that’s just a big part of human nature.

1 Like

But then the other part of the problem is that people posting do not really represent how big of a problem it is. For example let’s just say that I had 100 things where I had help. 20 of those were people from the Philippines or other areas were Uphold no longer services. So when they were complaining about not getting BAT in their Uphold account, that’s why. Unfortunately they did not read the announcements that had been given out before and in order to get to that point had to go through a bunch questions before they finally announced oh I’m in the Philippines.

In other cases we find out that the reason that they’re having issues is because they chose to uninstall and reinstall Brave without having a verified wallet or some sort of back up. So now the loss of their BAT is on them.

Then there are others who went in and modified their files or tried using the VPN to appear that they’re elsewhere so they can receive more ads. This comes up as support tries to assist them and runs a check, which discloses the fraud and violation of Terms.

Then you have the very small percentage of users who did absolutely nothing wrong and just happened to be flagged by the system.

And the list goes on. But people who don’t spend a lot of time talking to everybody that’s having issues and getting all the specific details out of them then make an assumption that because you see 100 people not receiving payment that they all are in the same boat.

1 Like

And that is not also listing the amount of people who are having issues because their custodial wallet was down. People recently written that Gemini was down yet again for the third time this month. So it’s not even always issues with Brave or the user but I can be a season with Uphold or Gemini.

It’s because there are so many issues that can contribute to the same problem of people not getting pay on why it’s not recommended to put everything out on the forums. You can but then it comes down to like I said, support staff will not help you based on your post. They will only help you when you message them. And a vast majority of the post here expect that support is going to respond to them here and help them here when they want. There’s years of history that you can look through as far as peoples post to see what happens. Every single time you will see one of the support staff comment to tell people to message them.

And what is sad is I have seen post where people say that they did not receive a response from support but support really did respond but what happened as the people weren’t happy with support told them. Like maybe they told them that their account was suspended and they wouldn’t be able to get anything. Then they say that they didn’t receive a response and stuff because they’re hoping that somehow they’re gonna get a different answer or now they want to pay other users against Brave because they’re frustrated that the service won’t work for them.

I am part of a lot of support groups and social media sites related to Brave. Would you believe that I’ve seen a large number of people who talk about how they are in countries with very few campaigns and so they go ahead and use the VPN to try to circumnavigate it? Many of them think they are smooth and getting away with it but then all of a sudden when they get flagged they get mad. Then they try to support they really are in those countries? But what’s funny is people don’t realize that there are some small things that’s been implemented into the browser and that your computer communicated that lets them know where you’re truly at. So these large number of people who are deciding to lie and try to manipulate to steal money from Brave are getting shafted and then they aren’t happy that they are getting caught

1 Like

OK, I can understand your beef about individuals who post repeatedly but, at the same time, I can understand their frustration if they feel their concerns are not being addressed or, at least acknowledged (and I don’t have an answer for that Catch 22), especially since money is involved.

I’m not here often enough to see how many of the complaints are repeats of previous complaints compared to the patient posters. Truth be told, I’m almost never here because Brave is so dependable (since I do not participate in the rewards program, which, from what I’ve seen here, is buggier than a flop house bed), I have no need to come here.

@LadyFitzgerald one person you can see is https://community.brave.com/u/anandshukla/activity

Three separate posts and multiple comments since February 8.

And one of the other issues I referenced would be like addressed at Did not recieve payout of JAN 2022 in feb 2022 yet - #12 by steeven

Isn’t it easy to argue about something you have no idea about? Every time I wrote about brave e january payments, it only directs me to this page, so zero help. I contacted Uphold, they are really helpful, they say the problem is not ours, brave did not pay, which is true. My Uphold wallet was verified and I was able to receive my first payment in December, so there is a problem, no answer, no help, but how easy is it to give advice?

@conquistador please send your wallet ID in a DM. Thanks.

If the support team are responding to ‘No Brave Payout’ posts made today but not the DMs i sent 5 days ago should I just make a post about Not recieving rewards or ads since december?

1 Like