Static colorful squares contained in a tab, disappear when changing tabs

Weird boxes appear in my Brave Browser tabs from time to time, they appear to be contained within a tab. If I close the tab, I see no more boxes, if I change the tab and come back, the boxes dissappear. You can see an example in this video (imgur link) it’s not like something static, I can scroll through the page and see those things. Sometimes they are way more colorful lmao. What are they, is this a bug?

I’m using a laptop with windows 7 64 bit installed. I’ve replaced the thermal paste, cleaned the heatsink, tested ram health, hdd s.m.a.r.t info checks ok… I just think it’s the browser.

By the way, I haven’t been able to test the ram usage while the bug is happening, but right now with only 2 tabs opened and just other program running (discord) It’s using 5 / 8gb and cpu usage is about 15%. The issue just happened some minutes ago.

Also, brave apparently likes to freeze when watching a video on reddit’s RPAN, but nothing when watching a video at 1080p on youtube. This is strange too…

Version 1.15.75 Chromium: 86.0.4240.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)

@Languagemaniac Does disabling Hardware acceleration brave://settings/system help with this?

Hi, I have just disabled it, and will see if it has any effect in the coming days, as I don’t have a method for reproducing the failure at will.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.