Startpage.com loads as blank/white page

Since today, I only see a white page when I try to access startpage.com. The page source code consists only of an empty <div></div> tag. With other browsers (Iridium, Firefox), I can load startpage.com. Here are the things I’ve tried to fix the problem:

• Disabled all extensions.
  • Accessed in incognito mode.
  • Tried with a fresh user profile.

My system:

• Windows 10 Pro (Build 19045)
  • Brave 1.64.122

Does anyone have an idea what might be causing this? It’s the first time ever that I’ve encountered this behavior (Blank/White Page) with Brave.

2 Likes

I have the same problem and it seems Brave doesn’t recognize that it’s installed and being used either. I should not be seeing the download Brave Browser button for Windows… What the heck happened Brave?

1 Like

@Padushle can you share a screenshot? Also, does it change if you disable Shields?

If I go to Startpage, I see as below:

Main page

Search results page

I just tested it again and it’s working now. About 2 hours ago, I restarted my computer. It’s possible that the problem was resolved by doing so. If it happens again, I’ll take a screenshot and try if rebooting solves the issue.

1 Like

I logged a report last night (NZ time), was fixed

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.