Starting in December 2022, I stopped receiving rewards and ads on my desktop PC when I enabled rewards on my Android phone

Briefly describe your issue:
I run Brave 1.38.109 on PopOS 22.04 GNU/Linux. I also run Brave on my Google Pixel 4A Android phone. In late November 2022, I enabled Brave Rewards on my Android phone. I immediately stopped receiving ads on my PopOS desktop PC. A few days after I enabled Brave Rewards on my Android phone, I disabled it, expecting the ads to come back on my PopOS desktop: they did not. I have received zero ads in the months on my desktop pc in the month of December 2022. I reset my Brave Rewards on my desktop pc and relinked it to my Gemini account: I’m still not receiving any ads.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Brave version: 1.38.109 Operating system: PopOS 22.04 GNU/Linux

Is your Brave Rewards Profile currently verified? (yes/no)
Yes

What date did you connect a your Brave Rewards Profile?
Sometime in 2021 I believe. Reset my account and reconnected to Gemini in Dec. 2022.

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes, I received payments every month up to and including November 2022.

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
I use Mullvad VPN every once in a while (no more than a few minutes a time a couple of times a monthj).

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes, I am in a supported region: Michigan, USA.

This is greatly outdated. Current Brave is 1.46.144. If you’re not using recent version of Brave, you can and will have issues. This is especially true if wanting to use Rewards.

Any reason why you’re not updating Brave?

Hi!! Thank you for the rapid response. Let me see if I can update to the latest version. I’ll report back what happens.

1 Like

Thank you so much!!1 I upgraded to Brave 1.46.144, reset my Brave Rewards, and I immediately got an ad. Problem solved!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.