“Start Page” incompatability

Description of the issue Start Page” search engine doesnt work in Brave private mode on my ipad

Exact URL of the website in question. Startpage.com

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? [Default states are: Block: Ads/Trackers, 3rd Party Cookies, 3rd Party Fingerprinting Allow: Encrypt Connections enabled (HTTPS), Scripts] (yes/no). Yes

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off? (yes/no) no

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no)
No
Does the site function as expected when using Chrome? (yes/no)
I dont use Chrome
What Brave version/Build are you using when you encounter the issue?(About Brave info)

Version 1.7.1 (18.12.19.01)

1 Like

I have this problem too, so I’ll add some details here.

The newest Brave iOS (1.7.1 (18.12.19.01)) update broke Startpage. After this last update, you can search and get results with Startpage, but all the search result links are broken. So you get the results list, but cannot click through to any of the items. You’d have to copy and paste the URLS to the address bar in order to use the search results.

All shields up or down - doesn’t make a difference. I get this problem with both iphone and ipad both running iOS 12.0

Desktop version no problem

Just noting that the new iOS update (Version 1.7.2 (19.01.18.15); iOS 12.1.3 iPad and iPhone) does not fix the problem with Startpage.com. All search results on iOS version of Brave using Startpage.com return dead links. Shields up or down, the situation is the same.

Please address this - I miss using Startpage as default search engine! It is currently unusable with Brave. Thnx

@333,
Thanks for reaching out! This is actually a known issue and has been forwarded to the iOS team for review!

Should be fixed as part of

Just a note startpage.com works just fine on normal mode.

1 Like

Oh I see - thanks for that. Looking forward to eventual privacy mode fix.