Spotify web not working on Brave

drm
performance
widevine

Hello guys,

After months of using Spotify Web I came across a single landing page asking me to “enable web player” for using it, which sends me here Support
it´s related to widevine but I enabled it a long time ago.

I´d appreciate a lot your help.

• I´m currently using Windows 10

Hi @juanguren,

Can you share your Brave version and OS?
Thanks
:slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for answering @eljuno, Brave info below:

Brave: 0.23.39
V8: 6.7.288.46
rev: a38be75ccb0f699f507b66c4d44b3b21d1677e25
Muon: 7.1.6
OS Release: 10.0.17134

Oof, I see your problem right there:
The first thing I would do would be to update to the latest release.
You are using the Muon Brave build. We have since deprecated Brave Muon in favor of this:

I highly recommend you install the new build and enjoy a much better browsing experience.
It runs in parallel with the Muon version you have installed now, so you don’t have to uninstall or overwrite anything and you can even import data from your previous Brave install into the new build.

If you decide you’d like to stick with the version you’re using now and want to resolve the problem, check to see if you have updates available by

1. Opening the menu
  2. Settings --> Help --> Check for Updates
  3. Brave will automatically search for available updates

If this doesn’t work you can download updates/installers for the live version of the Muon build you’re using here:

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you a lot @Mattches,

I´ll update to the newest version, just one question: How can I import windows and all its tabs to the new build?

Still working on importing tabs into new build:

Everything else you’ll have the option to import if you go through the Welcome Tour. If you missed it, open the main menu (top right), navigate to Bookmarks --> Import Bookmarks and Settings and you’ll be prompted to choose what data to import and which browser to import from.
For more information on the process, see here:

Perfect, I´ll follow that issue. Thanks!