Spotfiy web player not working

spotify web version is not working and results in it saying the site cant be reached…

i’ve done everything, deleted brave, flushed my dns, anything you could name

need like immediate help asap

Enable Widevine (turn it to orange) brave://settings/extensions.

If it still does not work, then post a screenshot of the actual error

2 Likes

@popsmoke,
Yes please try what @chh_68 suggested. May also be a caching issue — would love to know what the actual error is/looks like

Errors like this are leaned towards network causes. It’s seems something is blocking spotify in your network
I think it’s not brave because it work on mine:

what do u think i should do, it works on safari for me since i am using mac, but does not work with other chromium browsers like brave and opera.

as i said earlier i have tried to flush my dns, and reset my network adapter (u cant really do it on mac but theres a way)

The domain works on my end too. There definitely is a DNS problem.

Turn on Secure DNS with Cloudflare, it may override whatever is happening with your DNS resolver.

Screenshot from 2022-04-21

done, and still showing the same error.

I wager the solution here is simpler than it seems. @popsmoke can you please try clearing cache/site data for Spotify and trying again (make sure all the settings you’ve changed to resolve this are set back to what they were when the issue started — Widevine = on, DNS set to default, etc)?

1. Visit spotify.com
  2. Click the “lock” icon
  3. Site settings —> Clear data
  4. Refresh the page and try gain
1 Like

Thanks for this. Also make sure to restart Brave.

1 Like

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 16.58.04

dns is set to default…
widevine is on…

and the problem still persists

Can you try visiting in a Private browsing window and tell me if you get the same results?

yes even in priv browsing i am not able to access spotify…

if u’d like, could u add me on discord and guide me on how to figure out what the problem is

leader#0770

I’m curious if you’re able to view any other Widevine content — for example, are you able to visit and use sites like Netflix and/or Hulu still?

yes i’m able to watch netflix, yt, etc

i can even use spotify on diff browsers but just not brave for sum reason

Try clearing the cookies and cache via brave://settings/clearBrowserData then relogin and retest. If it still fails, then try disabling all extensions then retest in normal mode. @popsmoke

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.