Spontaneous Browser Crash when checking Rewards

I have no idea how to reproduce this so I will try to best describe what happened:

Brave started showing ads regularly in my region for the first time in a few days, I guess the boost in Crypto prices attracted some new campaigns from Nexo. But I noticed my Estimated Rewards were not updating. They stalled at 0.75 BAT, which I had accumulated over April.

Fast forward to a minutes later when I decided to check brave://rewards/ and my browser spontaneously crashed. It restarted on its own and all the plugins were broken, constantly failing to reload. Some tabs were not even updating no matter how many times I refreshed.

So this time I restarted Brave on my own, and strangely got a “Verifying Brave” progress bar, as if it was a clean installation. Shortly after it seemed that those stalling rewards finally showed up and I received 0.03 BAT. My ad history was still there but the other 0.75 BAT magically vanished.

I then began authoring this long community report, when I realized my estimated BATs had returned to 0.75. And slow by slow it’s been trickling back up to 0.78 BAT, to include the missing rewards.

What exactly is going on here? Did Brave introduce something like an “ad-confirmation” mechanism to delay expected rewards? Something clearly broke, but what could it have been?

Additional Info:

System:

• macOS Big Sur 11.2.3 (20D91)

Device:

• MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

Brave Version:

• Version 1.22.72
  • Chromium: 89.0.4389.128 (Official Build) (x86_64)

There seems to have been a bit of mass chaos yesterday, so I hope you won’t mind my bumping

Third time’s the charm!

Perhaps I ought to remake the thread?

Fifth time is the charm?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.