Split window into panes

I think it would be great to have the ability to split a window into multiple panes. Being able to reference/access different pages at the same time is incredibly helpful (RE: any person who has ever used a computer), but I’ve found myself stuck in pretty tedious ‘browser workflow’ (lol) loop:

1. Split some tab off into a new window

2. WIN + LEFT key-ing one browser window to fill half of my display

3. WIN + RIGHT key-ing the other window to fill the rest of my display

do stuff and things

1. Oops, the browser windows are no longer aligned–one is above the other. Repeat steps 2-3 until they snap into place…

Relying on Windows’ snap feature is less than ideal–I’d love if this could somehow be a built-in function of the browser itself.

1 Like

i am posting this reply because I want to bump this post.

It is 2023, is any work being done on this?

It is worth noting that not every feature request here will be implemented in the browser (in fact, most won’t).

Further, there is no work being done on this and likely won’t be prioritized in any way — this is (as OP mentioned) certainly more of a system function rather than a browser function. I’ve found a couple of extensions that have similar behavior but likely not to the extent OP was hoping for.

Will leave this thread open anyway in case other users have opinions/also want this feature.

+1
Coming from Arc, the ability to split browser windows and pin them as tabs or bookmarks is a feature that most browsers (vivaldi, Arc, Safari, etc) have nowadays.

Is this behavior Gets Identical to what you’re aiming for ?