Speaker selection changes from Samsung TV HDMI output to Laptop Speakers

Description of the problem

While on my laptop computer, I start to play a YouTube video while browsing to the YouTube site using the Brave browser. I have the HDMI output from my laptop connected to my Samsung TV which is set to Game Mode. My project setting is set to Duplicate. So my Samsung TV is just a mirror image of my laptop screen. In order to get the sound to also come from my Samsung TV speakers and not from the laptop speakers, I change the speaker selection from laptop speakers to the Samsung (NVIDIA High Definition Audio) speakers.

While playing the YouTube video, if I change the video resolution on the YouTube video from 1080p to 720p, the audio output all by itself switches from my Samsung TV speakers back to my laptop speakers and nothing I can do (so far) is able to get the audio output to switch back to my Samsung TV speakers. This does NOT happen when I use the Firefox browser or the Microsoft Edge browser.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. See Description above

Expected result:

Audio Output changes speaker selection by itself and can not be returned to preferred speaker selection.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.32.115 Chromium: 96.0.4664.93 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.