Sorry, we're having trouble playing this video. on facebook every single time

**Description of the issue:**Sorry, we’re having trouble playing this video. on facebook every single time
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Sign in to facebook
  2. play a video
  3. scroll through video a few times

Expected result: should not fail and show video

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.14.84 Chromium: 85.0.4183.121 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information: this happens every single time i try to scroll through video or even watch the video, after about a minute the video fails. This started happening after i did a massive windows update that recently came out. in windows 10
hardware acceleration is off

Untitled1

@virus_pw,
Can you check and see if videos play with Shields down?

Same result with Shields down either and removing any adblock extension or any extension altogether, I even reinstalled Brave and reset every single setting.

1 Like

@virus_pw,
Thanks for the confirmation. Let me reach out to some of our webcompat guys and see if anyone has some insight. Appreciate your patience.

1 Like

Hi @virus_pw

Just testing various videos with default shields on https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?ref=watch

Can you try in private window mode? and if you have access to a VPN (from another location)?

Hi,
Just got the same thing in private mode, same with Shields down.

Hmm okay, open the following link:

brave://settings/content/siteDetails?site=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com

Click on “Clear Data” and “Reset permissions”.

Reload the facebook page, alternatively try Brave in a different/clean profile.

1 Like

Just tried this and opened a new facebook brave profile and got the same error within a minute of playing a video

Version 1.16.68 Chromium: 86.0.4240.111 (Official Build) (x86_64)

I’m having the same issue as this user and it been happen for the last week or two, clean the browser, done also sort of tricks to no avail however it not just facebook but youtube suffers badly, if I open firefox, not a single issue with either sites, I have a program that relies on Brave called Android Messages it suffer from not been able to see msg and the alike after a short period of time and the solution is shutdown Android Messages just to get it working again even just for a short period. So something major has change, half the time I disable shield because it becoming more of a nuisances with site rendering correctly or websites failing to load correctly.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.