SoraNews.com articles only load featured image but no images in articles

Description of the issue:
Most articles on SoraNews.com only load the featured image but all other images in the articles do not load when shields are on. (both standard and aggressive)
Exact URL of the website in question:
https://soranews24.com/

Example article

Screenshot of the ad as it appears in Brave
Imgur

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)

Yes

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?
Yes

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):
Using shields of any kind.

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?
Yes.
Brave version (check About Brave):
Chromium 108.0.5359.128

Hello @BraveGem

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and I’m sorry to hear you are going through this. Could you please try installing the Beta or Nightly version of Brave to see if the issue persist on those versions?

Let us know if that works!

Hello @Alice2095

Thank you for your reply.

I downloaded and installed both the beta and nightly as you suggested. Shields set to standard still result in images in articles on SoraNews not loading.

@fanboynz Any thoughts on this? Image slots being blocked as if are ads. This happens even if not aggressively blocking.

Shields On:

Shields Off

And like said, it’s not really an ad. It’s them putting something in image relating to the article. They have other parts of their pages, such as https://soranews24.com/2022/12/30/2022s-top-stories-in-anime-manga-and-studio-ghibli-news-【soranews24-year-in-review】/

Shields On

Shields Off

uBO has a lot of counters for the site, the site seems to be quite proactive it break users experiences. We’re missing some regex’s (for remove param). Could be more to be honest

||g.doubleclick.net/gampad/ads?$xhr,removeparam=/^(co|eid|eri|ga_|idt|ifi|impl|ohw|oid|ps|ptt|vis|[abdfl-nr-u])/,domain=soranews24.com

I’ll look into it further, no eta.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.