Sometimes closing a second Brave window causes all windows/tabs to close

Description of the issue: I will sometimes use private tabs in a completely separate window (also happens with non-private tabs). Once I am done with the private tabs (ie, birthday/Christmas/surprise shopping) I will close out the tabs. When that happens there is a small percentage chance (about 30-40%) that all my tabs in every window will close and I’ll have to re-open the brave browser. This issue also occurs when I have multiple tabs open and I try and close one tab but they all end up closing.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):

1. Open Brave Browser
  2. Create a new private tab (without Tor) - OR - leave it as a regular tab
  3. Click and drag that tab off the bar to create a new window - OR - Leave the tab on the same page
  4. Create more tabs - OR - Leave it as only one tab
  5. Then close the tabs individually by clicking the ‘X’ on the tab.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
    All tabs will close and I need to reopen the Brave Browser. I don’t have any Gifs or screen shots at the moment but if I catch it in a recording then I’ll submit it as an edit on this post

Expected result:
That only the tab or window that I am trying to close will be the only one that closes

Reproduces how often:
1/15 maybe? It certainly doesn’t happen all the time but when it does happen you’ll definitely know.

Brave Version(about:brave):

Brave: 0.23.39
V8: 6.7.288.46
rev: a38be75ccb0f699f507b66c4d44b3b21d1677e25
Muon: 7.1.6
OS Release: 10.0.16299
Update Channel: Release
OS Architecture: x64
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
Node.js: 7.9.0
Brave Sync: v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent: 67.0.3396.103

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):
Yes

Thanks for reporting @UtopianFlat,

Can you confirm if you issue similar/same like one that described in the link below? Maybe you have tab that not finished loading?

Thank you,
:slight_smile:

The issue seems to be similar. The tab is loaded completely and there is no signs of glitching or anything else. When I watch YouTube, I right click the video and open it in a new tab and so I’ll have 5+ tabs open and that doesn’t seem to affect things as much as private tabs (even only having 1 private tab open)