Some Youtube videos not playing in color

I have noticed some Youtube videos do not play in color. More of a subdued almost black and white! I have looked for for settings to correct this, but found none. Is it the quality of the uploaded video? Because there are some that are in color. The thumbnails for the videos are in color! Any information will be appreciated!

Darth

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

Expected result:

**Brave Version( check About Brave): 1.8.86

Additional Information:

Hi @Darthperil, Welcome to Community!
What is your OS version?
Can you provide an example URL to a youtube video that has a coloured thumbnail but black and white video?
Does refreshing the video put it into colour?

Hello Aa-ron
Refreshing the video does not help.
My windows version is; Windows 10 version 1809 (OS Build 17763.11580
And here is a video that the thumbnail was color and the video isn’t: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAXFLJmB4wo

Can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue?
You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

If that doesn’t help, can you try creating a new profile and seeing if the issue persists?
Click on the menu icon in the top right corner > create a new profile.

Hardware Acceleration wasn’t the issue and changing the profile will not make a difference! I did IT for 15 years. There appears to be an issue with certain uploads not all. It may not have anything to do with Brave. Thanks for the reply!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.