Some web pages hangs briefly while start to scrolling

Description of the issue:
If you don’t do anything for a few seconds on some web pages, and then want to continue scrolling using the mouse wheel or touchpad, nothing happens for a short time (~ 1 second), afterwards the page jumps and can be scrolled normally. This happens with felt 3/4 of all web pages (also this forum).

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open web page
  2. Wait some seconds
  3. Start to scroll.

Expected result:
If you open a web page and do nothing for some seconds, afterwars you try to scroll the page, no response can be seen for ~ 1 second, afterwards normal scrolling of the web page

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.16.72 Chromium: 86.0.4240.183 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit)

Additional Information:
Hardware:
DELL xps15 9560 with Intel HD 630 / Nvidia 1050
Software:
Windows 10 20H2
Latest updates

Hey @migoelo

Does disabling Hardware acceleration in brave://settings/system improve it?

I will give this option a try to find the issue, but this means a extreme energy consumption (CPU usage), right?

I haven’t tested for a long time, but I think I have found the reason.
If hardware acceleration is active, Brave used the Intel and the Nvidia card. If I deactivate hardware acceleration, only the Intel graphics card is used?!? The Edge Browser on the other hand uses only the Intel. In a Reddit article I read that this card combination (Nvidia Optimus) has problems with Brave, or rather the other way around. As a solution we recommend to start the Brave.exe with the Intel card (Power Saving) in the Windows 10 graphic settings. Since then I could not find any problems. I hope it stays like this.

Googling this (Related to Chrome, but can be adjusted to brave.exe)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.