Solved: No password management at all

I am using brave on linux, and password management is set to “built in”, but there is no password management at all. I am not prompted, an no passwords are saved.

What went wrong?

This output may point towards a solution - something extra is needed, but what? Some gtk tool maybe?

[anders@archie ~]$ brave-bin 
Crash reporting disabled
[23216:23216:0503/183551.778621:ERROR:KeyboardEventManager.cpp(427)] Not implemented reached in static bool blink::KeyboardEventManager::currentCapsLockState()
Gkr-Message: secret service operation failed: The name org.freedesktop.secrets was not provided by any .service files
Gkr-Message: secret service operation failed: The name org.freedesktop.secrets was not provided by any .service files
Could not access master password; aborting

I solved this, the package “gnome-keyring” is required for the internal password management to work on linux. (Or possibly any other package implementing org.freedesktop.secrets.service, but I do not know of any other)

This does not work for me. I have just installed Brave, version info:
Brave 0.15.2
rev af7ef42

I am using fedora 20 with gnome and I have gnome keyring installed. When I login to web pages with username/password I am not prompted to save credentials and there is nothing stored in the password manager window. This is a problem.

I can only say that after installing gnome-keyring, it started to work
here. It would be nice to hear from the developers of brave what is
required for it to work, of course.

You could start from cli, and look for related errors. The error i
listed above has obviously gone, in my case.

Anders