*Solved* My Bats dissapeared for no reason today

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

5 Likes

If it is so, I am going to stop using Brave because mine too disappeared though a tiny award and despite sending the problem, it is not solved. Since I am new user, I thought something was done wrong by myself.

4 Likes

Fortunately, Brave is nothing even remotely resembling a scam. :+1: That is false, my friend, and a totally baseless accusation. You can’t just say something is a scam without providing some sort of evidence to at least backup your statement. That’s just 101.

This fascination that some people have to instantly insinuate that a project (as reputable as Brave) is a “scam” just as soon as something goes wrong. This is rather unfair, but more importantly, its untrue. Usually, bad actors dont invest SO much time, energy, & resources in creating a very user-centric product used by TENS of MILLIONS of monthly active users. I mean, you said for yourself that you have been earning BAT for 2 years through Brave rewards, and yet the instant you have something go wrong, before even giving #brave-rewards Support staff a chance to respond and help troubleshoot your issue, you lay out accusations that its a “gigantic scam”. Thats just not right, Im sorry. Im willing to bet that you didnt even attempt to investigate this issue prior to posting about how “gigantic” of a scam Brave is. :man_facepalming:
One thing Im having a tough time understanding is that if you “knew” that Brave was this “gigantic scam and was going to keep your USD at any time”, then why on earth would you continue to participate in the rewards program?? :thinking:
There were certain geographic regions that previously allowed brave rewards have been recently restricted, from what I understand. This may have something to do with it… Maybe not… Just wanted to mention it.

5 Likes

I’m sorry brave, you don’t deserve my attention, maybe it wasn’t much, but at least it gave something, I’m leaving brave and I’ll uninstall it now! Good bye, I suggest the same for you…

5 Likes

totally baseless accusation just like the fact you called me “my friend” despite the fact i dont even know you ?
guess who is a liar between you and me ?
i got all the “bank statement” screenshots

4 Likes

Have you gone to Uphold to check your balance? If you were connected to Uphold, it just sounds like you’ve been logged out of it from within Rewards. Therefore your balance is now showing 0 since it’s not connected. If you Verify again, assuming you’re in a supported region, it would connect and you’d see the balance within Uphold.

Where? Did you ever verify with Uphold or Gemini? If so, then all the BAT is there and it has nothing to do with Brave. You need to go to those sites and check your balance. If anything is “missing” they should show where it went, because they were the ones in possession of your BAT.

If you were unverified, then your BAT would have been inside your Brave folder on your device. If you did a restore or anything else, you’d lose it all. That’s a big risk. But if you’ve been using Brave as long as you have, I’m sure you’ve already seen where people said to do a backup and you’d still have it. I’m also sure you’d have verified with Gemini or Uphold if you could have, so that your BAT would remain safe.

4 Likes

hello, thank you for your answer

the point is, i have never created a uphold account
my amount was showing on the main page without uphold

and now it says to connect
i dont have a uphold account

3 Likes

That’s your prerogative! Good luck with your journey, my friend! :+1:

2 Likes

Which accusation did I make? I merely asked why you continued to use Brave for TWO YEARS when you “knew” that they would “take your usd” at some point? According to your post…
And dont worry, I wasnt referring to you as “friend” in the literal sense - meaning that you and I are ACTUAL friends. I wouldn’t make that mistake. “Friend” is also a common term used generically when speaking to others over a digital landscape. It acts as a tool to help convey one’s tone over text since emotion, or often even meaning, can easily get lost in the copy.
And, nobody is lying about anything. I simply made the observation that it’s not right to make an unsubstantiated claim that way you have without even trying to back it up or without allowing Brave a chance to rectify it for you.
Also, I never stated that your BAT didn’t “disappear”. They very well could have, and that part of your story, I actually DO believe. But, there have also been recent changes to what geographic regions can and cannot receive brave rewards; and to my understanding, many users in these areas are experiencing the same thing that you are. However, this does not make Brave a scam by ANY measure. At least give them a chance to remedy whats wrong, or at least understand that if you live in one of these newly restricted areas you can no longer receive rewards but it sure doesn’t turn Brave into a scam because of it. If it does turn out to be the issue youre having.
I did not accuse you of lying and I have not done so either, so I would appreciate you returning the favor. I simply tried to offer some possibilities to maybe explain what you are experiencing, but you wanted to snap back at me.
Good luck with everything! :pray:

VERY WELL SAID!

3 Likes

yes very well said, unlike you and your sensitives sarcasm
just as a white knight would to with any woman around

at least he helped me which this forum is supposed to bring to users

3 Likes

Can you show a screenshot? It’s weird that your device is saying to connect to Uphold. I mean, if you click where it says Unverified then it would offer to Verify/Connect to a wallet. Of course, having the device Verified helps protect your BAT better but also is what you would have had to do in order to convert you BAT into money.

The only reason I can think of that would have caused your BAT to go away, assuming you’re Unverified and never tried to connect to Gemini or Uphold, would be if either you tipped it all (which I doubt) or if you happened to uninstall your browser, do a system restore on your device, or something like that.

If you haven’t already done so, I would highly recommend you create a Support Ticket so Brave can investigate it for you.

If you did happen to do anything like uninstall Brave or do a factory restore on your device, you’ll have lost it though. Unverified keeps BAT in the browser files, kind of. It has a unique encryption code. If you no longer have that code…that Wallet Payment ID, then Brave wouldn’t be able to get it back for you. But if yours is still the original and no changes, just not seeing BAT, they should be able to come up with a solution.

3 Likes

thank you a lot for your answer and your spent time helping me and maybe others ppl
i will provide a screenshot later today

4 Likes

5 Likes

@TheyStoleMyBats

Do you have a screenshot that you saved, showing the roughly 414 BAT?

Did you save a series of screenshots, showing the sequential accumulation of BAT?

3 Likes

yes i have screenshot each month since june 2020

3 Likes

@TheyStoleMyBats

Please include, here, the latest screenshot that shows your accumulated BAT - so @Saoiray (and Brave Support members) may see that.

3 Likes

i can only put like 24 screenshots of each month

3 Likes

Okay, so that is a bit different. If you can, let me find out more information.

• What version of Brave are you using?

• What operating system and device are you using?

• Did you do a Support Ticket like I mentioned yesterday? If not, please click on that and submit it to them so they can investigate.

• In brave://rewards-internals, which you’ll need to go in order to see Wallet Payment ID when you submit the a Support Ticket, there’s a small portion that says Balance Info. What does yours say?

The support ticket is going to be very important. But I’ll also try to have @steeven look in on this Topic. Keep in mind though, without the information they ask for on the support ticket, they won’t be able to help. So make sure you do that if you haven’t.

3 Likes

@TheyStoleMyBats to confirm have you already submitted a support ticket? I’d love to investigate your issue and we’ll need your Wallet Payment ID to begin. Thanks.

4 Likes

ok first of all id thank you again for the spent time trying to help me
i try to do my best with my limited english and i m sorry with that

Brave version is [
Version 1.41.96
it says it is the last update

operating system windows 10 family edition (which is horrible cause of the forced updates)

i ve just checked the brave rewards internals and it says there “422bats” which tells me my nickname and my topic title may be absolutely wrong

i m gonna create the ticket yes thank you

4 Likes