(Solved) Browser Stops Working When Merging Tabs

bug

I’ve had this occur multiple times now. Sometimes, I will accidentally unmerge one tab from the rest, causing a new window to open. When I merge the tab to the rest of my tabs, the browser stops working. I’m unable to use features such as opening up a new tab (even if I tried to right-click and press “Open A New Tab” option), and viewing other tabs aside from the one that was already open in the window that I merged the tab to.

I’ve found that simply closing Brave or closing the unmerged tab fixes the problem, but I’d appreciate a solution to this fix. Thanks!

What version are you running. Could you paste the details from about:brave ?

Name Version
Brave 0.18.23
rev 36ae2ec
Muon 4.3.10
libchromiumcontent 60.0.3112.90
V8 6.0.286.52
Node.js 7.9.0
Update Channel dev
OS Platform Microsoft Windows
OS Release 6.3.9600
OS Architecture x64

Hi @Ninjett,

I believe this one is issue that you encounter when Brave become unresponsive after attaching tab back to main/original window. You can find it in the link below
https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/10436

It seems the temporary workaround is what you already do. By closing “that tab”. IIRC, you can reopen that closed tab in the main window by using Ctrl+Shift+T.

And I think the fix is coming in the future release.

Thank you,
:slight_smile:

Ah, yes! That’s definitely the problem I have! Thank you for the response!

Thanks for confirming @Ninjett. I’m going to close the thread since it’s logged and the fix is coming in next release.

If you have another feedback or face some bugs, please feel free to open a new thread for each.
Thank you,
:slight_smile: