After continuing to wait through the day and upgrading to 1.46.138 without change I tried moving Brave’s directory away for a blank start. This sort of worked, in that Brave ran. Then I tried moving it back without success. Finally, I tried deleting the contents of “$brave/Brave-Browser/Default/Service Worker/CacheStorage/”, whereupon all windows/tabs loaded happily.
Description of the issue:
When I start Brave and ask it to restore my session, it opens the windows, but then fails to load any contents, not even toolbars, etc. That leaves a blank X11 window.
I suspect the issue is some recent tab that worked on load while Brave was running and/or too many tabs/windows for Brave to load.
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Open Brave
- Click “Restore Session” when offered
- Watch windows for session open, but remain blank
Windows load toolbars and page contents
Brave Version( check
Leaving Brave open, but unresponsive for ~1h has gotten one window to be closed by window manager without killing Brave. The issue is not my computer out of resources. Processor is running ~85% idle, 0-0.3% wait, and I have near 2GB completely untouched RAM, 0kB swap in use.
I can find two 12MB Session_$longstringnumbers and two 2.6MB Tabs_$longstringnumbers files. I suspect these are the session files.
I would ideally bring up a session window/tab list that I can sort through and select which windows/tabs to attempt restore.
The tab URLs and which window they are in are important to me. I don’t care about window size, position, where on the page I was, etc.
Looks like this may be somewhat similar to brave stops responding as soon as i open it - #3 by Alice2095, but in my case I can’t do anything at all.