[SOLVED]Annoying notification "Help us improve..."

Hi,

Since the last update, I got this notification about every hour. Even after I turned on the suggested option the notifications keep showing up.
Capture d’écran du 2023-05-11 12-57-26

I don’t know how I could turn off these annoying notifications.

Pop OS 22.04 (Gnome Desktop)
Brave Browser Version 1.51.114 Chromium: 113.0.5672.92 (Build officiel) (64 bits)

I believe that is a Brave private ad coming up and if you do not want to see the ads go to your rewards found in settings and turn off the private ads toggle.

1 Like

Yes, this notification is showing in the same way as the brave ads do, but when I click on it it gets me to “brave://settings/search”.

It is asking me to turn on the “discover project” (Not sure this is the right english name for this feature. In french this feature is called “Projet de découverte web”).

But it keeps showing even after I turned it on. Plus, I don’t think I earn any BATs by clicking on it.

Because it is an ad. You can see all current ads in your region at https://sampson.codes/brave/ads/my_region/ This particular one is in screenshot below:

That’s correct. You never earn BAT from clicking on ads. You only earn BAT from the ad displaying. Since it displayed, you should have earned. That said, it’s a house ad by Brave so the earning is very small. You see in screenshot it’s just 0.005 so you likely wouldn’t think it adds much to the balance.

If you missed the announcement, Brave Search went 100% independent. It had been using Bing API for some results. The way Brave Search compiles websites is through the Web Discovery Project. Due to the recent change and independence, Brave paid for an ad campaign to try to announce the Web Discovery Project and is hoping people who don’t have it enabled will do so, that way they can improve on their Brave Search results and expand their database.

1 Like

Oh thank you so much !

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.