SOLUTION to "ERROR: Limited Uphold account functionality”

I see no reason to continue watching Brave ads if it means having to deal with Uphold (have not seen any evidence that the “tipping” thing matters to any creators, either).

They require you first to make a WIRE TRANSFER to “verify” yourself off the “limited” status-- that’s a joke. In the U.S., most banks charge $30+ fee to initiate an outgoing wire transfer.

Unfortunately, for me this method did not work :frowning:

1 Like

This is brilliant! It worked for me!

Thanks!!

1 Like

I was having this issue. Followed similar steps but for me it was that they wanted my SSN and W-9 info authorization. After I plugged those in, I was able to refresh the Brave Rewards and the connection was working again. Glad there was a workaround, still weird that Uphold didn’t notify me of anything needing to be done.

1 Like

In a way, it makes sense that they don’t bother you with that until the moment you wanna withdraw, if you ask me. I know it’s very annoying with regards to the Brave rewards, but there are plenty of exchanges out there, which let you play around without doing KYC until you wanna start trading/withdrawing. I mean, I can understand why that is the way it is, but well, I’m glad we could find a solution for most of users. Thanks for your feedback!

1 Like

Hi!! KYC is already done. It hasn’t been modified. Still is not working…

https://mega.nz/file/BpIyRaYB#QGPBhMerfJ8pjp_K7xD38qLsohW5PL5eWRq8nw6JTHY

This was last transaction made:

Hi. This isn’t Uphold support. For that, you’ll have to open a ticket upon Uphold customer support. From the content of your email it may seem that you haven’t tried the steps I had suggested in order to solve this issue?

1 Like

Hello. It’s true, I haven’t done anything in Uphold support yet

Give the steps in my original post a go. It’s solved the issue you have for me and some other users. Let us know later how it goes. Good luck.

I already did those steps you said but after that I tried again to withdraw my bats from Uphold it gives me the same problem and it went to loophole. I did it one more time still nothing. What should we do ? How can we get our BAT’s to wallets?

Hi! They just gave me a reference number for checking. Let’s see how it goes later. Many thanks…

What do you mean you tried to withdraw and it gave you the same error? The error we’re discussing here is when you try to connect Brave with Uphold - you’re talking about an error when trying to withdraw your BAT from Uphold?

This didn’t work for me, :(. All it did is make me exchange crypto I didn’t want to. I was assuming it would pop up like you said but it just confirmed the transfer and sent me an email confirming I made a trade, which wasn’t the intention.

I’ve been back and forth with Uphold over this for days now and they aren’t any help at all. My account says it has KYC finished. It says it’s fully verified. I’ve now tested withdrawing, depositing, AND exchanging, and all 3 work. Even so, it won’t connect to Brave due to the error in the OP, and I’m guessing they don’t know how to fix it either because they just keep saying I have to do a “liveness test” by logging in. So I relogged. Then they said my system must not support it, so I tried it on 3 others (laptop, Windows tablet, and desktop). Then they said I must need to try mobile, so did. Then they said I must just not be updated on any of my systems. Then they said it must be because I’m using a VPN (I’m not). Then they said it must be an unstable Internet connection causing issues (it’s not). At this point I’m at a complete loss about what to do. And I don’t get why I can deposit, buy, sell, and withdraw fine but Brave kicked it off and won’t let me verify anymore… it was fine up until a week ago and I’ve been attached to this system for over a year now with no issues.

I am in the same boat as you @giveribcliff - was working for months and then all of a sudden it stops and I can’t reconnect and I now have some ETH that I didn’t want to have in place of the BAT I had. I guess I can try staking that ETH now but that was not the intent, I wanted to be able to get the BAT from my browser to my Uphold account as I cannot use Gemini anymore as I live in Canada.

Just to be clear we’re talking about the same thing, in my instructions I mention that you have to initiate a withdrawal request, that is taking your crypto out of Uphold and sending it to an external wallet. I’m not sure if I’m assuming it wrongly, but it’d seem that what you did was a swap/conversion within Uphold, that is converting a token into another one. That’s not a withdrawal if the final token remains in Uphold.

If what you did was a swap, then try a withdrawal. If you did the withdrawal, and still doesn’t work, then unfortunately you’ll have to keep working with Uphold support because it seems there’s some sort of verification needed, even if you don’t get any emal nor warning about it.

Good luck.

Thank you for your answer but for the withdrawal Hupold asks me for a verification by transferring money from my bank to the account and not a photo. After all, I just want to link Brave to Huphold because I find it interesting to use the browser and be rewarded. It seems to me that there are too many pressures to obtain fairly modest prizes. Do you know any alternatives?

At this point the only alternatives are Uphold and Gemini, and I’ve seen news that Gemini is running into some kind of liquidity troubles so I wouldn’t put my money with them right now. I mean, if you’re planning to keep receiving rewards for the long haul, I’d just deposit $10 from your bank and that’s it. You’ll be verified. It’s not a fee you pay them - it’s a deposit in your balance, and then keep receiving the Brave rewards. That’s what I’d do.

1 Like

I try this and worked but only in the Android App, even if I do the same on website I never got the verification window so try with your smartphones using the latest uphold’s app.

1 Like

So he couldn’t do anything until he finished all of the verifications needed on the account, all of which are required by the government. Does that sound like “without reason?”

I tend do disagree, my Uphold account was fully verified so I went through all the KYC etc… steps.

I however changed my password as the password I had on the account was way to complicated and tedious to retype each time on mobile. Because of that my account now also comes up with the ‘Limitations’ story.

So only way to withdraw any rewards now is to first make a deposit to Uphold so that I can follow the steps as shared here. Sound more and more like a scam i.e. you have to deposit something before you can withdraw something.