Smartphone's screen changing color

Hello,

Description of the issue:

When browsing the web, my screen sometimes change color, I mean the white areas become yellowish and revert back to white. I don’t think it comes from my phone as I only have the issue in Brave. It feels like it’s going into night mode.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1.Just searching for something on Qwant sometimes makes it happen
2.it happened also while writing this message actually

Expected result:

I’d like the screen to stop switching and have the goog looking white all the time.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Mobile Device details

Oneplus 6, Android 10

Additional Information:

Best regards,

1 Like

Same here, color is changing every thime I use Brave, doesn’t matter on which site or search. It jumps to high contrast setting every time. When I lock phone and unlock it it returns to normal but it’s really annoying and it needs to stop!

It is doing it constantly as I type this!

OnePlus 6 with Android 10.

1 Like

the same issue here, OnePlus 6 with the latest Android. can’t figure out whether it’s Brave or the phone.

If anyone experiencing this issue has Chrome or another Chromium based browser installed, you could check and see if you get similar behavior there.

I’m not sure why Brave would have this effect on your device(s) – and I dug up this info:

Given that you all have OnePlus devices, it’s likely this is the scenario you’re encountering.

Hello,

Actually I’ve tried on Google Chrome and Edge and no issue at all, it only happens with Brave.

BR,

No problems with Chrome here also. It started with the version before this latest one, when you implemented the new widget look that everyone moans about.

The interesting behaviour is that it can change color multiple times depending on what field I clik. For instance this text box. If I click off it it can change, but for the most part it does it every time I use Brave no matter what I do.

Thank you all for checking and reporting back. Is there any way I could get one of you to submit a short screen recording of the behavior here in this thread so that I can get a better idea of the situation?

The change in chrome://flags (in Brave of course) from the link you sent did the job. I’ve been testing that for a day now and it seems to have fixed the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.