Slow Rendering - https://www.overclockers.co.uk

Description of Issue
The progress spinner on the tab completes and displays the favicon and title, but there’s a 4 second delay before the page renders.

URL
https://www.overclockers.co.uk

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? [Default states are: Block: Ads/Trackers, 3rd Party Cookies, 3rd Party Fingerprinting Allow: Encrypt Connections enabled (HTTPS), Scripts] (yes/no)
Yes

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off? (yes/no)
Yes. It’s much faster with Shields off.

Does the site function as expected when using Chrome? (yes/no)
Yes. Using Chrome or Firefox with uBlock and DuckDuckGo extensions, the page loads quickly.

What Operating System and Brave version/Build are you using when you encounter the issue?(See the About Brave page in the main menu)
Windows 10
Brave Version 0.63.55 Chromium: 74.0.3729.131 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Not seeing any delay as such with shields up.

You do have a delay there of around 2 seconds, which is shorter than my 4 seconds. Here’s my recording.

In Chrome this page renders instantly, there’s something different about how Brave handles it that makes it take almost 4 seconds longer than Chrome.

Could already have it cached on chrome

Note that it happens on all pages of this site, not just the homepage.

I have also noticed that the hyperlinks are actually created before anything is visible (hovering over them shows the tooltip, cursor, address). So you can click on nothing and end up being navigated.

And just to reiterate, this problem is specific to Brave, and does not happen in Chrome.

I’ve found another website with exactly the same problem:

okay this seems like a problem will try to recreate the same effect but for the mean time @mattches please help

I have switched to Vivaldi for now. I can confirm this problem does not occur in Vivaldi.

Stopwatch (brave release)
00 m  09 s  978 ms

Stopwatch (brave beta)
00 m  09 s  661 ms

Stopwatch (brave Nightly)
00 m  09 s  684 ms

Stopwatch (Firefox Nightly)
00 m  11 s  560 ms

Stopwatch (Chrome release)
00 m  10 s  045 ms

Most are in within the margin of error (1-2secs), I am testing from NZ->overclockers.co.uk

@fanboynz thank you for that speed test. That was Brave. Pun intended. So even with the blank screen appearing brave is still faster

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.