Slow downloading of PDFs from any source

Whenever I click on a link to a PDF, I have to wait a long time - typically several minutes - before anything appears. The same links come up almost immediately when using Safari. It seems to affect all PDFs from all sources. Normal web pages typically appear more or less instantly.

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.36.109 Chromium: 99.0.4844.51 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Additional Information:

Link to a slow pdf? The loading of pdf is a fast as the server it’s hosted on (and how large the pdf is)

A few pdfs test, seem fine;

Hi

The issue could arise because of a pdf plugin installed onto the browser.
This could happen when installing a PDF reader or editor like PDFXChange for instance.

Thanks for these test sites. My access times were, in the order of your list, 29 sec, 4 sec, 3 sec. Don’t really know what to make of this, but (a) all of them were faster than I usually get, and (b) 29s for a 3.82kb file! By the way my download speeds for HTML are all “instant” unless there’s a problem with the site I’m accessing, so it isn’t broadband speed.

Thanks for the thought - but I don’t have anything like that installed, so I must keep looking.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.