ISSUE: Brave browser cannot see USB drive images to upload to social media sites or download items to the mounted USB drives. Other programs running Linux see USB drives fine. Web-mail and video host sites running in Brave cannot see USB Drives for upload either. Settings area doesn’t seem to have a “safety setting” for such to shut down… am I missing it? There’s a safety switch somewhere, and it isn’t obvious as to where…?
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Brave runs like a champ in Linux posting site images (render pages)
- Brave cannot see my USB drives to either upload or download.
- social media image, mail attachments, video uploads to Rumble.com, and Youtube, also download of files to save destination: USB drives are not listed.
- Open Office, Image Viewer, Telegram desktop, can all see USB drives mounted on activities and desktop.
- [follow-up] Both Chrome and Firefox see and access the USB drives fine.
Locate my mounted drives and allow me pull files to upload, or select folder for preferred storage location when downloading.
Brave Version( check
Version 1.26.74 Chromium: 91.0.4472.124 (Official Build) (64-bit)
I looked at this topic post, but it seems it timed out and doesn’t show a resolution: