Site Display Lag issues

I got lucky and caught one tonight on my Android. But the error doesn’t really explain why things are going wrong. It almost seems like a DNS problem saying the site doesn’t exist or may have been moved. And as quick as that displays the site comes up just like a split 2nd later.

Posted link to instructions for flushing DNS. If you think it is a DNS problem, then this might work for you. :slightly_smiling_face:

This is on Android.0

I should have realized from the screenshot. lol I just glanced up and saw the windows tag. ooops.

Looks like that message may be a redirect? You might try

1. disabling Auto-redirect AMP pages at brave://settings/shields
  2. disabling Pop-ups and redirects at brave://settings/content/popups.
  3. disabling Use hardware acceleration when available at brave://settings/system.

I think AMP is disabled by default in the newer versions of Brave, but you might want to go to brave://flags and Reset all just in case there is a glitch. You can also try clearing history/cache for all time and for the same reason. lol

I don’t know anything about the settings on an Android device so if the links don’t have additional troubleshooting info for Android, you might want to tag the moderators and see if they can help.

@CityguyUSA

Windows OS and Brave Browser event monitoring

How to use Developer Tools:

Developer Tools > Network:

Developer_Tools_-Application-_Cookies__example_Amazon.com_00

Monitor network activity – NetLimiter 4:

Windows OS has a diagnostic tool named ‘Event Viewer’:

There is a main window for the application. The particular events of interest re your issue, would show in the Custom Views > Administrative Events as depicted in the illustration:

Do not be alarmed by the ‘Error’ and ‘Warning’ labels in the ‘Event Viewer’ windows. With experience, using Event Viewer, one sees such alarms, often.

The object of the exercise – if you choose to take a look – is to be prepared and have that ‘Event Viewer’ window open and in a location within your computer display, so that you can observe events that are being listed, while you are also using Brave Browser.

@Chocoholic

You did nothing wrong, addressing the Windows OS perspective. Android involvement is not mentioned in the OP, nor in the topic title.

Thank you.

1 Like

lol Thanks! The screenshot should have made a lightbulb click though. That is something I am constantly overlooking. I either miss the tag or miss that the screenshot is for a different device. Guess I need to slow down and I’m slow to begin with! :grinning:

And thanks for the additional info especially the links on devtools. I’m going to bookmark those for later. Been meaning to look into that one day… and with your post in User Solutions, I think someone, or something, is trying to nudge me in that direction. :wink:

1 Like

I don’t know what happened but I had to set an Android tag when I posted this initially but I don’t see it anywhere. I only had a choice of IOS or Android.

No problem. :smiley: I changed it for you. :wink:

For future reference, you can always edit your topic title, category, and tags by clicking on the pencil at the end of the title.

Did you try the suggestions? Did anything help?

Yeah, it should’ve.
:grin:

1 Like

IKR that 50-50 thing going on… :wink:

1 Like

It’s probably 60-40. :grin:
Nah, just joking, you are right enough.

pfffft go away! and j/k :grinning:

I don’t even want to keep track b/c would be just awful if it turned out 40-60 (or worse). lol

@CityguyUSA Bah. Just realized I was hijacking your topic. Sheesh. So sorry. I got carried away! Good thing I’m not keeping track… :grinning:

Please update your post if anything you tried worked. Also, there is an new Brave version (1.41.x) planned for release 07/12/22 which may fix your issue.

Here’s another error that comes up regularly:

@CityguyUSA Posting another topic with problem with Quicken sign in below. Is that when you get the error? That post has a link to the Brave GitHub report but posting again below. It has been 14 days since the post and the GitHub report does not indicate the fix was released. You might want to tag a moderator to see if they can check into status.

Also, you may want to try disabling fingerprinting in shields for the quicken site to see if that stops or limits the Page Unresponsive error. If you are getting the same message for multiple sites, you can try disabling fingerprinting and/or fingerprinting based on settings in brave://settings/shields until the fix is released and then you can reenable.

What is fingerprinting? Trying to reuse the page without reloading?

Posting a Brave article that explains better than I ever could! :smiley:

OK I get the gist but I’d have to study examples if I really wanted to comprehend. It’s like all these various ways of tracking people. I don’t know if I really care at any level because they’re advertising theory is missing its target in a major way IMHO.

I know this is a little off topic here but I’d really like if someone can tell me what’s so scary about tracking people?

I’m not sure why, even if they did a good job of it, it matters. Supposedly the theory goes they want to help you find their product and that’s fine if I’m looking for that type of product. Most of the things people buy on a daily basis aren’t coming from the internet. The daily purchases come from stopping somewhere on the way to work or on the way home. The small staples that we run out of and need to replace.

The bigger purchases I usually research online but the prices are fixed across websites for the most part so it almost comes down to who has the best and cheapest delivery after that if I need it ASAP then I’m looking for a local place to purchase it and price is less of a factor. It’s funny. If I’m searching for something specific to buy I can’t find what I’m looking for because most websites don’t have the correct filtering or sorting or anymore a search that actually returns data related to what I searched on. They’re so worried about selling me something else that they miss the mark on what I want to buy. Look at Amazon, Ebay or any of the others the item details are so polluted with other products half the time I don’t even know which info goes with which product. You can’t do an inline page search if you’re looking for a particular size or wattage or whatever your specifications because any of the 50 items on the page may be the result of that search that isn’t even related to what you’re looking at.

EBay is notorious for putting so many “sponsors” inline with search results it doesn’t appear sorted and also on Amazon but it seems to a lesser degree. Even their software layouts are way too similar for being different store fronts. I’ve tried to explain to them that they’re not doing themselves any favors just from a data transfer when you displaying 50 items on one page that’s a lot of data to load that’s mostly a waste. I’ve tried suggesting that they tab results if their so damn determined to sell you something else rather than the item you’ve selected from the search results at least make it look cleaner and more consistent as to where the specifications are and make sure that you can filter on all specifications. Then add a tab within their site display that shows the other items they want to steer you towards for whatever reason along with a image of that item. Then you can quickly see if maybe you did select the wrong item for you. Wishful thinking on my part.

I just wish they would deliver the packages where I want and not leave them lay on the front porch where a porch pirate comes along and then I’m having to get them replaced all because some shipper is too cheap or lazy to put them where I asked. That’s annoying. I love when they stick them between the storm door and the main door and the storm door is sticking open at a 60 degree angle. No one would ever see there’s package hiding there. It’s like putting the flag up on a mailbox. Hey porch private over here.

The other annoying thing is the advertisements that are displayed because I had a curiosity about something and they take that as having information when it’s really just data. I have no interest in purchasing a female’s toy rabbit but I was curious enough to see what it looked like. I definitely don’t need advertising.

Am I missing something that everyone else is terrified of happening? I mean I’m not talking about being able to steal my identity or my credit card info or serious stuff like that but what do they think these targeted ads will do? Turn someone into a sociopath like Trump? To late. That ship has sailed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.