Site admin panal gives BRAVE BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH yes i said it!

Ok,

i know this may have been a topic BEFORE But i have experienced this issue a few different times on my website admin panel

EVEN AFTER MULTIPLE Brave Browser updates including the latest now…

so here is the deal and how i tend to get the Deathstar screen

the black screen does not happen on the primary administraitor site panel, it happens when i click on a link to modules or comonets (i use a joomla core basied CMS site…

when i started using brave many many versions ago this never happened to me…till now a bit more regularly…

any how, this is how i get the issue.

after i leave my laptop for a while leaving the brave browser open and minimized even in sleep mode (monitor lid down) when i come back to open and log back into windows 10 this is where the error starts to occur.

i bring open (maxximize brave) when i goto the site admin tab, login to the admin panel (everything o at this point)

soon as i goto components and click on weblinks to add a catagory or site this is where i get the Black screen of death…

i recently added a https to the site and everything worked ok with that as well but i still get the deathstar screen (Humor i need it lol)

i use i think the .https access security

when this happens i goto Firefox and have NO ISSUES

i have tried the Shields Up Shields down and the error still happens even when i log out and back into the admin panel…

Mark

Oh, hi Mark!

Thanks for reaching out to us with this. We appreciate you sticking with Brave! Before addressing you’re issue: We’re aware that it can be frustrating trying to use and support a product that doesn’t meet the “standard” features or amenities that you’ve come to expect from a web browser. I imagine one of the main reasons you have

NO ISSUES

when using Firefox for the same task is more than likely because Mozilla employs over one thousand people and has had roughly 12 years to workshop and refine their product. We, on the other hand, have ~80 - 90 people in the company (including non-developer positions) and just a few short years to build Brave (across multiple platforms). I empathize with your frustration, but would like to remind you that you’re continued patience and understanding is invaluable to us as we work towards Brave’s (bright) future.

Regarding your issue, I may need some more data to find out what’s causing it. If you don’t mind, I’d like you to navigate to the site in question as you would normally. When the black screen appears open up the elements tab for it and take a screenshot of the code (you’ll need to bring up the developer tools window - ctrl + shift + i and select the elements tab at the top).

Let me know what you find and again, thank you for supporting Brave :slight_smile:

Hey Mattches

i do enjoy getting used to Brave and seeing how you guys are developing the browser. I Like seeing how these changes improve the browser, i get the difference between the number of developers that Brave has to Firefox…

let me know if i can help a little i am not a developer, but see areas where you guys need to be aware of AND BRAVE Browser needs documentation (not my strong suit either but can assist there like a real manual set up with examples lol)

i hope you got the star wars and ster trek jokes lol :slight_smile: they are to good to pass up on my comment

as for REPEATING the Black Screen of death i will get you what you need The Next time it happens hopefully…

something your developers should consider if possible… after the main 1.0 version release, would be to allow a Reverse recovery meaning allow users to go back to a former version of brave browser, may sound weird but as you guys add more and adjust the layout some users look at the upgrade but want to go backwards to what they had…

LAST THING for now…

I AM Disabled so i try and do things at home, i am an intermediate nerd, not many developers pay attention to how they can make the browser better in a basic way… such as using the alt Tag or whatever to say Decribe a feature in a dummies way… not many people even new users know where to look for what brave developers are setting up…

i have worked a little with a blind student from my HS Days decades ago so i know a little of what should be done for those that are blind and so on… (not all disabilities) but i bet i can help you all with some ideas and tips, that can make brave better than any other browser in that way…

i am sort of making mental notes of the difference between Firefox and brave and how brave might be a little better

catch you later
Mark

My man Mark!

I can see your posting history/summary and you’ve been a member of Community for about a year and have had several post detailing feedback, bugs/issues, comments, suggestions, etc. That is exactly how you can help us improve. Constructive feedback from our users is critical to our growth and we can’t overstate our appreciation for users like you who take the time out of their day to can give good, detailed feedback and stick with the browser during this period of flux and anticipation.

I AM Disabled so i try and do things at home, i am an intermediate nerd, not many developers pay attention to how they can make the browser better in a basic way… such as using the alt Tag or whatever to say Decribe a feature in a dummies way… not many people even new users know where to look for what brave developers are setting up…

Developers do pay attention to and see these things, but there are times where basic feature implementations have to take a back seat in order to progress efficiently. As far as communicating with users who don’t have a lot of experience in the tech/software development space - we hear you. We are aware of our growing user base and have begun addressing the fact that the majority of our 3m+ users are not full stack devs or github aficionados. We will be making a strong effort to be not just transparent, but also make things more clear cut and easy to digest for those who don’t have the know how (or the motivation :stuck_out_tongue: ) to dig around our various resources to find the information they’re interested in.

i have worked a little with a blind student from my HS Days decades ago so i know a little of what should be done for those that are blind and so on… (not all disabilities) but i bet i can help you all with some ideas and tips, that can make brave better than any other browser in that way…

If you have suggestions on how we can make Brave more accessible those with disabilities or other impairments we’d love to hear them. Drop them in the suggestion/feature request category. While there is a long list of features requests/suggestions already, I assure that all these do get read.

Thank you again for your continued support and patience. It does not go unseen nor unappreciated.

i hope you got the star wars and ster trek jokes lol :slight_smile: they are to good to pass up on my comment

i recently added a https to the site and everything worked ok with that as well but i still get the deathstar screen (Humor i need it lol)

I’ll assume you meant Star Wars and not Star Trek and let it slide this time! I too made a movie referene, bonus points if you can spot it :wink:

Best,
Mattches

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.