Simplified view for open tabs keeps disappearing

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:

The “simplified view for open tabs” button in accessibility randomly disappears, constantly

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. go to accessibility
  2. wait one week

Expected result:

that the “simplified view for open tabs” button will stay there

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Mobile Device details

moto 5g, android version 12. Happened on my old moto fast too and it was android version 11.

Additional Information:

Hello @TabView

Thank you for reaching out and I’m sorry to hear you are going through this. If you go to:

Settings > Accessibility > Uncheck "Simplified version of open tabs" does not appear?

Be waiting for your response!

@TabView,
I believe this option appears when you have accessibility settings enabled on the device itself as well. Do you have any enabled at this time?

I have no clue what that means. The option disappears and reappears sporadically, no matter what I do.

Do you have any accessibility features enabled in the Android system settings? Typically found (on your Android device) in Settings --> Accessibility

downloaded apps: Access dots, gc auto clicker
display: dark theme

@TabView,
I’m still curious if you have any accessibility settings enabled in Settings --> Accessibility?

That said, I’m now wondering if you temporarily disable the apps you listed above that you have installed, do you still see the Simplified view for open tabs option available in Brave?

It changed again, I did not do anything

this is clearly a development probelm

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.