"Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app" when attempting to link YouTube

Hi:

I just signed up for Brave Rewards to earn on my YouTube Channel, but when I attempt to link my channel via the “add channel” link button on the dashboard. This takes me to the Google sign-in page, and once I log in, I get the “Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app” error screen saying this app (Brave) is not yet verified by Google to use Google Sign In. Is any progress being made to get the Google verification for Brave so as to be able to sign in and link a YouTube channel? Thanks.

3 Likes

having same issue with google / YouTube

I have the same issue.

Thanks for reporting, @twotrey @arnoldkim @japulid01.

cc @asad @mattches @steeven on this

Thanks @eljuno. Would you know what’s causing this error?

@twotrey @japulid01
Apologies but I’m not entirely sure what the issue you’re describing is exactly. Can you provide some exact steps to reproduce the issue you’re encountering?

Hi @Mattches ,

I’m having the same problem. When I try to add my YouTube channel as a publisher.

From the creators page:

Step 1: Click “Add Channel”

Step 2: Click “YouTube Channel” button.

Step 3: Enter my Email Address.

Step 4: Enter my Password.

The next page displays an error stating:

Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app.

This app has not been verified yet by Google in order to use Google Sign In.

2 Likes

I also have the same issue. Same process.

1 Like

Hi @Mattches. Thanks for replying. I was going to upload a screenrecord but the system wont allow me. But my process is exactly like @Paul_B

1 Like

Same process and issue here.
EDIT: Great, it works for me now! Thanks!

1 Like

Same issue here.

2 Likes

Lol. I personally love that google is not working because that tells me they’re unable to track me and that brave is doing what it’s supposed to do. Shielding from google’s trackers. I would use a “burner” device which is a device you normally use google on and another for using Brave. I wish Brave would create gmail accounts and give them to us that are untrackable somehow. Or a cookie by Brave that gives google the wrong device IP address and wrong location as well. That would be nice.

1 Like

The authentication page says to contact mrose@brave.com. This is a complete show stopper for me.

1 Like

Sign up worked for GitHub and Twitter no problem, but YouTube gives the message below;
" Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app

This app has not been verified yet by Google in order to use Google Sign In."

1 Like

Hi y’all! Just wanted to leave a note that I brought this up with the Publishers team and they’re checking it out. I’ll circle back when I get an update.

4 Likes

The same. Hope team fix soon!

1 Like

same here ! hoping there is a fix <3

The issue has been resolved for me. I followed the same steps and was able to sign in. Everyone may want to try again to see if it works.

Hey y’all. Just circling back. The engineering team is fairly certain their fix is solid. Please let me know if anyone is still having trouble verifying their Youtube channel.

3 Likes

Thank you. Works like a charm.

1 Like