- A. Make a meaningful title. “Sigma-Aldrich pages won’t load SDS in web browser, tries to download file instead”
- B. A screenshot or recording of the issue - Screen cap
C. A listing of:
- i. Your Operating System and version - Windows 10 Education edition, 64-bit
- ii. Your Brave Version. -
Update Channel: Release
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
OS Release: 10.0.15063
OS Architecture: x64
D. Detailed step-by-step instructions of how you came across the issue.
- i. Search for a chemical’s SDS on Sigma-Aldrich/Millapore Sigma’s web site (ex. Sodium Sulfate)
- ii. Click on the SDS link next to the chemical listing (ex. https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/MSDS/MSDS/DisplayMSDSPage.do?country=US&language=en&productNumber=239313&brand=SIGALD&PageToGoToURL=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sigmaaldrich.com%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch%3Fterm%3DSodium%2Bsulfate%2Banhydrous%26interface%3DProduct%20Name%26N%3D0%2B%26mode%3Dmode%20matchpartialmax%26lang%3Den%26region%3DUS%26focus%3DproductN%3D0%20220003048%20219853286%20219853269)
- iii. Page will cycle to SDS link. Normally, this opens up a .pdf frame in the web page (like this
-iv. I have tried turning off and on various options in shields, including turning them off completely. I have not yet tried turning off PDF viewer in extensions, but will after posting this.
Turning off PDF viewer in extensions does not help.