Shutdown and Restart Bug?

Description of the issue:
If a Brave window is closed I am consistently effectively logged out of any and all websites that were open at the time in all tabs.
However, if the computer is shutdown or restarted before closing Brave window, when I open Brave again I am still logged into any and all websites that were previously open.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Login to google or facebook products.
  2. Shutdown computer without closing Brave.
  3. Turn computer back on.
  4. Open Brave.

Expected result:
I would expect this to be consistent action where closing a window is the same as shutting down the computer and effectively logged out of all instances cache cleared or whatever happens when you close a window. If seems like a potential security issue.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.26.74 Chromium: 91.0.4472.124 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

@dunit,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
To confirm, you are clearing cache/data on exit via Settings --> History --> Clear browsing data [On exit] is that correct?

I’m clearing cache, app data and cookies per the settings. I am not clearing passwords and sign in.

@dunit,
Thank you for confirming. I’ve opened the following issue on our Github to track this and have pinged the relevant team members:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.