Shields comparison test


#1

I noticed after installing
Brave: 0.15.1
rev: ea5024d1f3e47d34de79b70e3cd74f1408c985ce
Muon: 2.58.8
libchromiumcontent: 58.0.3029.81
V8: 5.8.283.32
Node.js: 7.9.0
Update Channel: dev
os.platform: linux
os.release: 4.4.0-66-generic
os.arch: x64
… that the shields don’t work as they used to be on previous ver. For example i tryed http://edition.cnn.com/ on Brave and shields reported 14 threats in total with settings of block ads , HTTPS on , Fingerprinting protection , block phishing, block 3d party cockies .
While trying the same page on a other browser with HTTPS everywhere on , adblock on and privacy bagger on the total threats blocked are 27 . Its the first time that happens since i first installed brave.


#2

Hi @teo,

Thanks for testing and letting us know.

I am going to check this out, and run checks across a few other sites where we expect high block counts.

Stay tuned!


#3

Hi @teo

I’ve opened an issue that includes your report in github for further investigation.

You can track progress on the issue from the following URL: https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/8637

I’m going to close this thread since we’ve captured the issue in github, but feel free to add anything here or there and we’ll make sure we follow up.

Thanks again for contributing this report!


#4