Shields block at least part of every single page I try to visit

@inctrl,
If you’re getting this type of behavior on sites like this one (community) then there may be more than just Shields issues at play here.

First, can you tell me how your Default Shields settings are configured? Settings --> Shields Note that this setting dictates how Shields are configured for sites when you visit them. This is opposed to changing Shields settings in the Shields panel in the address bar – these changes are specific to the site you’re on. More information on Shields here:

Can you also please tell me what sites specifically (at least some of them) you’re encountering these issues on so that I can test on my end and ensure that they’re not part of a larger/wide spread issue?

I’d like you to run a test for me to help narrow down the cause of the behavior. Simply create a new (can be temporary) browser profile and browse as you normally would using this fresh profile (ensure that you close the original/your default profile window once the new one comes up). The new profile will not have any additional variables – such as browsing data, cache or extensions – and we can rule out those variables entirely this way. If you use the new profile and are able to browse and view web pages without the issues you’ve been encountering, then the problem likely lies in “bad” browsing data stored on your original profile and/or a conflicting extension.