Shields "Advanced Control" drop down not remaining open

Brave version: v1.44.108 (Oct 6th, 2022)
Linux Mint version:
NAME=“Linux Mint”
VERSION=“21 (Vanessa)”
ID=linuxmint
ID_LIKE=“ubuntu debian”
PRETTY_NAME=“Linux Mint 21”
VERSION_ID=“21”

Description:

The “Advanced Control” drop down on the Shields menu does not remain open for editing for certain websites.

Steps to reproduce

1. Install Brave browser via the installation instructions https://brave.com/linux/
  2. Visit any website, example: https://www.udemy.com/
  3. Click on the Shields button
  4. Click on the “Advanced Control” button to extend the shield settings.

Actual result:

The extended “Advanced Control” menu opens and closes immediately not allowing me to edit the settings.

Expected result:

The “Advanced Control” should remain open until I click away or manually close it.

Extra information:

When the following sites are loaded, the “Advanced Control” drop down remains open as expected:

Hello @sgf69, thank you for bringing it up. Have you try by enabling or disabling the option that says Block Scripts under shield settings? By any chance are you using any kind of extension? If so, please try disabling all of them.

Besides this, can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue?

You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration
Also, go to brave://flags > Search 'Vulkan' >Disable > Vulkan> Retest

Let us know if that resolves the issue. Regards.

Good day Jarc-1107,

Thank you for your reply. I will get back to you with the results as soon as possible.

Regards.

Good day Jarc-1107,

I first disabled Hardware Acceleration which never changed anything (after having restarted the browser).

I then tested opening these sites which weren’t working in private mode and some are fixed, but not all unfortunately. This indicates to me it could be a caching issue. I then proceeded to clear my entire cache, restarted Brave, logged into my sites and unfortunately this issue is still occurring on Gitlab, Amazon, Netflix, my Proton Mail page, Whatsapp web…the issue actually seems to be worse now with most websites loaded, me not being able to extend the advanced shields.

I will try the Vulkan retest step you shared and feedback.

Hello @sgf69, please try the Vulkan setting and let us know what’s the outcome. Have a nice day!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.