"Share" menu regression

Description of the issue:
Share menu only shows 4 apps. This was addressed and solved in Share options limited to 4 apps

But the fix (changing setting in brave://flags) no longer works as of most recent update.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open web page
  2. Click Share
  3. Only 4 apps listed, even though brave://flags Chrome Sharing Hub is set to Disabled.

Expected result:
All apps capable of sharing should show. This was the behavior up until I last updated the Brave app.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Mobile Device details
Samsung Galaxy S9

Additional Information:
Issue was addressed in Share options limited to 4 apps

But it’s now an issue again.

1 Like

@Timbered,
Thank you for reaching out to us.
I have a Galaxy S9+ and my share menu shows several apps, as well as the option to view “more” apps. Note that sometimes it appears to only show four on the screen at once, but scrolling horizontally reveals additional apps – can you confirm that you cannot swipe (horizontally) to reveal more apps in the share menu?

Also, would you be willing to send a screenshot of the share menu as it appears on your end?

Please see the post I linked to.

Changing the Google Share option to Disabled used to change the Share menu to show ALL apps at the same time, not needing to scroll right, then tap More, then click on the share you want.

It’s a difference of four taps vs two.

I would like this fixed as well. Disabling the Chrome Sharing Hub flag is supposed to set Brave to use Android’s default sharing sheet. I have the 4 apps I share to pinned on Android’s share sheet, so they are always right there on top. It takes many taps to get to any of those in Brave. I’ll probably switch back to Firefox until this is fixed because it’s so much trouble to get to any of them in Brave and I use them often.

Developers are planning to introduce an option to disable Chrome Sharing Hub.

1 Like