Description of the issue:
Browser is configured for “Prefer desktop version of sites”.
When launching a new tab, the “Desktop site” setting is unchecked
Wait about five seconds later, and with no further action check again, and now it is checked.
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Launch Brave mobile browser on Android.
- Settings -> Site settings -> Desktop mode -> confirm: Prefer desktop version of sites
- Close out settings
- Press + at top left for new tab.
- Very quickly (within a second or two) press … at top right for menu.
- Observe that “desktop site” is unchecked. (THIS IS WRONG)
- Browse to a page and observe that the mobile version is requested.
- Dispose of this tab.
- Try again: press + at top left for new tab.
- This time, wait five seconds, then press … at top right for menu.
- Observe that “desktop site” is now checked. (THIS IS CORRECT)
- Browse to a page and observe that the desktop version is requested.
Brave Version( check
Brave 1.16.76, Chromium 86.0.4240.198
Mobile Device details
Android 9; Lenovo TB-X505F Build/PKQ1.181218.001
This behavior started happening a couple weeks ago, but it was only recently that I realized it appears to be a timing issue.