Setting: Disable Cmd/Ctrl+1-8 for Pinned Tabs

When using the Cmd/Ctrl+1-8 keyboard shortcuts to access your open tabs, pinned tabs are included in this, which makes the tab keyboard shortcut almost unusable.

What happens is that: say you have 2 pinned tabs, and that you want to go to you second (unpinned) tab—by pressing Cmd+2, it will instead go to your 2nd pinned tab.

Every time, you therefore need to calculate how many pinned tabs you have, how many unpinned tabs you have, add these up, and THEN choose your keyboard shortcut.

Could a setting to “Disable tabs keyboard shortcut for pinned tabs” be added?

I second this! We really need this feature

A feature that would take 20 minutes to implement. 2 years…

Pinned tabs feature is basically 100% useless at the moment, if you basically can’t use the tabs keyboard shortcuts.

if it takes 20 minutes to implement, then you can do it. Go to Github and create the PR.
I mean, seems like you have a big mouth, and you have no idea about it, or how to deal with Chromium code or anything, Brave is a fork, and the least changes it makes from the Chromium code the better.

But, Brave is open source, so you can contribute to it if you wish.

Also… This is not even the place to request anything, again, github would be the right place. Do you think Developers are looking at the forum with so many terrible feature requests, with complaints, with non-important feature request like yours, troll posts and “I didn’t get my rewards” and “brave is lagging”?

They are on Github working on Brave, but did you even open an issue there? it’s most likely you didn’t, if you did, well, maybe someday it will be implemented.
For example, it took 4 years to implement keyboard customization, because Brave team is still small and they haven’t hired all the people they should to develop and maintain these features.

But, if you think Pinned tabs are ‘useless’ then why are you using them?
Brave implemented Shared Pinned tabs in Nightly, which will share pinned tabs across windows, so it is more useful than Chrome and Edge. And knowing how Brave keeps improving the Quick Commands (ctrl+space) in Nightly, then, pinned tabs could be useful in some cases.
BUT you still aren’t forced to use the pinned tabs and that alone solves your ‘issue’.

I’ve forwarded this request to our devs for consideration. If we decide to move forward with a fix/implementation for this I will update this thread with the Github issue.

Thank you.