Server error accessing creator program

I joined the brave creators program last week. Everything seemed to be working fine. I try to access the creators site this week (for the last two days) and I get a server error every single time. I have updated the brave browser. I have also tried chrome, firefox and mobile versions.

I get the email sent with the login link. I get the two factor authentication box. then, it immediately goes to a server error which I am going to try to share a screenshot of here.

Your Operating System and version (Mac 10.11.x, Windows 7/8/10, Linux distribution, iOS 9/10, Android)

Have tried multiple. I am running windows 10 on desktop but doesn’t work on mobile either.

Detailed step-by-step instructions of how you came across the issue.

Followed the login directions. Just gives me a giant white screen with an error message.

This is the message I get (can’t seem to figure out a way to include image.

Error 500: Internal Server Error :thinking:

Oops, sorry about that. You can try to refresh the page or return to https://publishers.basicattentiontoken.org/

(and the link they give also gives the same server error)

3 Likes

same issue here. could be an issue with brave

Hi @adhoffmaster, is this still an issue for you? Thank you for reaching out and apologies for the delay in reply. We’ll get this figured out.

1 Like

seems to be working today. Thanks for the followup!

1 Like