Is there a way to separate Brave and BAT from Uphold?
I’m familiar with MetaMask, which is just awesome, and I’m becoming familiar with Brave. I thought I’d try becoming a publisher and see how well everything ties together and get to know the community and followers contributing BAT. So, I went about the process of getting Verified.
- The tight coupling between the browser and BAT account is confusing, coming from other crypto wallets and plugins like MetaMask.
- Uphold setup process is extremely awkward and the coupling between Brave, the BAT account, and Uphold is disturbing and confusing.
- Uphold verification is what it is, but it doesn’t work. Despite sending them all of the documents and personal and tax information, my account is stuck “in processing”. I’ve had no problems with more streamlined and professional financial services, so this leaves the impression that… I should NOT have given some strange company Uphold my information.
- Like an idiot, trying to understand the coupling between Brave and my new BAT account that I thought would quickly become “Verified”, I sent some of my BAT from my easier to manage, fully personally controlled, wallet. It landed in my Brave+BAT+(apparently Uphold owned account).
- Days have passed now, and not only am I still not “Verified”, MY BAT is tied up in Uphold’s account, obviously not a crypto wallet I control.
- I’ve requested help from Uphold, they are unresponsive, but automated emails unprofessionally, sympathetically describe getting ones funds locked up as “super annoying”. It’s not super annoying, it’s worrisome, unprofessional, childish, and super dooper annoying.
Is there a way to be a part of the Brave + BAT ecosystem and forego the whole custodian-like, sneaky BAT+Uphold hook? It makes me very uncomfortable that an unresponsive, dysfunctional financial company could hold my wallet/money.