Sending tips multiple times

so… not sure if this would be seen as abusing the system

I work in IT, so i setup alot of devices. I was thinking about it: is there anyhing stopping me from installing brave on all the devices we use, and setting up a wallet to claim the free BAT token grants and sending it to a publisher (or myself)?

cheers guys

2 Likes

Hi there,
Your question raised a query in my mind. I asked my followers and friends to download this new cool browser that grants you free tokens. I also asked them that if they like my content then please support me by sending tips. I have received 480-500 BAT tokens from them. Would it be considered malicious ? As I have read some posts regarding suspension of Account. Some legitimate users got banned by Uphold just because they thought it was mallicious.
I have a fear that my account may get banned or suspended because of receiving so many tips. Is there any system to check that you can receive only such amount of tips to be not considered as mallicious.

Thank You

Good question, but who knows! There are no real clear answers about all these token delays, account reviews and bannings. For just one moment, we are all here with a sensation of “fear” rather than confidence.

2 Likes

Hate to say but they somewhat incline toying their real supporters with their business actions & decision

1 Like

i’d like to know what would be considered “Malicious”.

I know my suggestion would be technically cheating the system, but if it means having brave installed on new machines, and increasing the awareness of the program, is there a problem with me collecting the reward of a few BAT from these devices?

1 Like

What you are suggesting is not cheating in my terms. You can download brave in as many devices as you like and send a tip to yourself. The main thing to question is their reward system ! If they are allowing each device to have one brave wallet and receive grants if available then it is obvious they can be used to send to publishers (or you) but now they suspend your account because their algorithm thinks of it as a fraud or ‘malicious’.
My question is why are you giving away these grants without a regulatory framework and then banning people who are earning from it in a genuine way?

My Case: I have taken screenshots of my status that I put to ask my friends and followers to download this browser and support me, just in case if my account gets banned :stuck_out_tongue: ,to send them to support team. If they still consider it as malicious then I’m done supporting brave.

1 Like

I wonder if it’s by unique downloads like by IP or by location or machine key/mac etc or is every single download? I see a huge potential flaw and exploit if so please PM me and i can summarize better maybe it could be simple or known or overlooked but incase it’s a fluke or problem only authorized brave employees will get a reply or anything further…

I’m pretty sure it’s nothing huge or I’m wrong but let me know how to get the questions answered and or to make sure the right people are aware or can tell me why it’s not or isnt possible etc etc

I provided evidence and they still blocked me for no reason, without proof. Just because, like you, I had important gifts/Tips.

I lost money, my activity is stopped, and my browser is blocked and my account bravereward too.
@Asad does not answer me anymore.
All because I am “suspicious” even if I bring evidence

@Asad said :
After reviewing all of your case information in detail, we’ve decided that your account is fraudulent and will be permanently suspended.

You will not be able to log in or receive any BAT payouts. We appreciate your cooperation in this matter and apologize for the delay in coming to a decision.

Any trolling / flaming / spamming will result in a Community ban as well.

even if it is not forbidden I did not dare to talk to him that I have several MAC at home and that I created several brave wallet.

@KalAika
you have something to fear. Because without proof and without valid reason, Brave support can delete your account and steal your money.
and threatening to ban you to the forum if you continue to spam support because you have no answer

3 Likes

I have a question for you community,
do you think this evidence is not enough to “prove” that you are not a suspicious hacker?

How many of you have thought about taking evidence of your activity?

(
this is a sms dating from February.
or I propose to a customer to give me a donation in exchange for a reduction in shop )

2 Likes

the moment you registered as ‘Publisher/Content Creator’ you already a malicious one, just don’t hit the threshold of getting decent free BATS and don’t refer too much otherwise you’ll get penalize with your goodwill.

@Mattches This is so uncool man.

There’s actually two reasons why I haven’t fully adopted the Rewards system. The first being it is nothing like the UI/UX (mostly UX - around 80%) of the deprecated Brave-Muon-Payments and the second being issues like the above users are facing, being accused of things falsely when technically it’s probably improbably to commit a crime using Brave-Rewards, especially with Tips, I mean come-on.

Assuming Brave gains 50-100 million users in the next couple of years and stops its grants, firstly because it wouldn’t make financial sense but also the fact that one cheeky reason Brave actually gave away all those BATs were to use us as beta testers for the front-end and back-end system of the Payments/Rewards product, in what way can it be construed as fraudulent if a user utilizes the crypto/money he/she earns from the Ad Program by Brave or uploads his/her own money?

1 Like

can we sue them for this ?

@Asad @Mattches this is plain sight disgusting & wrong.

Brave Browser mission is ‘Privacy’ but you ask too much information on your publishers activity who is under review just to prove his/her innocence, with this kind of awful process just stop sending grants instead of risking your publishers personal data.

who wants to get organized to sue braveReward or maybe just @asad maybe it’s him who steals the money.
?

Okay come guys, lets not take it too far. In simple terms they’ve got quite a few bugs and just a shoddy system for handling BATs and currency. Whether it’s Uphold or Brave-Rewards at fault who’s to say.

Let’s just leave it to the moderators and devops/engineers to reply to some of the above concerns and similar concerns in other topics before you get ahead of yourselves.

@tomato34 mate, last comment, not nice.

1 Like

I provided evidence of my activity when I did not have to provide it and they still banned me. Without providing me with proof that I was a hacker.
They steal a lot of donations from my clients and my friends !
" @tomato34 mate, last comment, not nice. " seriously ?
these people are thieves !

Well… we’re all innocent until Brave team proved us to be malicious.

Only legitimate content creators can collect tips and contributions. That is the purpose of the entire UGP system. Creating dummy Youtube accounts or websites with no real content simply for the purpose of funneling grants into them is strictly prohibited in the Brave TOS. If you aren’t a content creator and want to earn money via Brave Rewards, then use the referral program at brave.com/refer – that’s what it’s designed to do. Any sort of schemes where you ask users to donate to you in exchange for X are not acceptable. The only reason people should be donating to you is if they like your content and want to support you on their own volition.

We use a number of advanced machine learning detection metrics to detect fraudulent activity. Only a very, very small portion of the active accounts are ever flagged. We also review every flagged account manually and give suspended publishers all the chances they need to prove themselves as legitimate.

Read more about the updated grant rules here: A note to Publishers

I am closing this thread. If anyone has specific questions about this topic, they can feel free to PM me as we do not discuss any sort of matters regarding personal data on this very public forum.