Sending ETC to a ETH addy

Please only post Brave Wallet inquiries in this category – visit the Brave Rewards category for all related rewards issues.

The Brave Team will never ask you for your recovery phrase or private key.

Description of the issue: I used a ETH addy in a Brave wallet and send ETC to it. is there anyway to get to it or back ? It’s not alot but it’s just sitting out there

Is the issue occurring on a specific network?

What operating system are you using?

Brave Version (check About Brave):

Additional Information:

Hello - Ethereum and Ethereum Classic are separate protocols and cannot be sent directly across networks. You can learn a bit more on that here: https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/14601241579021-Understanding-Crypto-Networks-and-Addresses

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

gm, thanks for the reply
Here’s what I did… I had 3 old tower’s and wanted to mine on them, 1st time doing any of this, Now I know better/More but anyways
I opened up a wallet on each of the tower’s to try and make it easier for using the addy’s, I then went to Mineable and picked 3 coins that I was thinking would be easy to work with(bigger names) ETC, Sol and Cainlink so,
I put a ETH addy on ETC and CainLInk and a Sol addy on Sol at the time I didn’t understand about all this, so when I got to .25 for a pay out on ETC I took it and it went to the ETH addy, I realized what happen after I talked to unmine about it, so they send the payment and it’s shows it was sented, but I can’t see it in that wallet…
I’m going to have the same problem with the other’s unless I can have unmine change the addys on the other’s before I send …

So again is there away to fit/get that etc that’s sitting on a ETH addy ???
Thanks Kirk

Thank you for clarifying. Do you have the Ethereum Classic network added to your list of networks in Brave Wallet?

1 Like

Thanks I got it now, Still Learning something New every day…

1 Like

Glad we got it figured out! Have a good day.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.