Select, move, close and pin multiple tabs

Apologies if this is already planned or suggested. Please delete if so.

Please implement the ability to select, move and close multiple tabs using SHIFT + click - as you can with Google Chrome.

This was a nice little feature that I used on a daily basis in Chrome, as I’m sure others do too.
Would be awesome if you could add this as I’m starting to miss it after making the switch.

To add onto this, I’d also like to highlight something else with the tabs that might not be entirely intentional/thought-out (may belong in the bug report section):

When I drag a tab out of the bar to create a new window, any pinned tabs I have in the original window are then duplicated into the new window.
So, now I have two windows, one with 10 tabs and 3 pinned, and another with 1 tab and 3 pinned. This isn’t ideal, but I’m sure some people want the pinned tabs visible in both windows, so it serves a purpose.

However, when I then drag the single tab back into the original window, the pinned tabs remain and keep the second window open. In essence, taking a single tab off the bar to a new window and then putting it back will duplicate all pinned tabs unecessarily. This is annoying.
It would make sense if this happened only when there is an un-pinned tab remaining in the second window, but if there’s only ONE un-pinned tab, then moving it back should also move the pinned tabs in the same way it does when you create a window.

Thanks for your time!

Thanks for the request @Quaren,

We have a request logged for multi selection of tabs, here

And since you’re pointing out that this feature available in Chrome, then I can best assumed that brave-core, will have this functionality. More about Brave 1.0 https://brave.com/development-plans-for-upcoming-release/

It’s also a known issue and logged here

But likely it’ll be fixed with brave-core too and will not fixed for the current Brave.

I think it’s expected. Because in the new window, the pinned tab is registered as a tab. And as long there’s a tab in the window, it’ll not close. You can manually close the window via X button.

Thank you,
:slight_smile:

Thanks @eljuno,

We have a request logged for multi selection of tabs

I hadn’t noticed that before, my apologies.
And also, I don’t follow brave that closely so excuse my naivety, but it’s nice to know that as it’s a Chrome feature it will most likely be implemented at some point in the future.

I think it’s expected. Because in the new window, the pinned tab is registered as a tab. And as long there’s a tab in the window, it’ll not close. You can manually close the window via X button.

I use duel monitors and quite often I take a single tab from my main window over to work on the other screen briefly. As you can imagine, in this case duplicating those pinned tabs isn’t useful. The only reason I’ve made a new window is for that single tab, and having to then close the duplicate pinned tabs manually every time I wish to do this (which is quite often) is a bit annoying (bad ux, in that particular scenario) - that’s all I was trying to point out. I very much appreciate you informing me that I can close them via the X button though. :+1:

Thanks for your reply!

I know it’s not the best experience, and some users too said same problem with pinned tab. I apologize for the inconvenience. The team is aware of any feedback and really appreciate it as it make Brave better. And again, it’ll be better with Brave 1.0. May not come very soon, but still planned for this year.

Thanks for using Brave. Feel free to open new thread if you have another feedback or questions and report.