Select all feature

I was wondering if you could bring the select all feature back. Before I updated to the current version when I highlighted a word there was a select all option. Would it be possible to bring that back? It was very helpful.

Thanks

@Polarmp3,
Can you tell me what device you’re referring to when you see this behavior?

The iOS version. The device I am using is my iPhone 8

Are you about to suggest we add something or alter something to Brave? Don’t just tell us what you want - a lot of people want a lot of things. Instead, state your requested feature and state your case for why it should be seriously considered. You’re much more likely to get feedback from the team this way.
Please delete the text above the line before posting

Hi there used to be a select all feature that was really helpful. Many iOS browsers do not have this feature but Brave did and I used it a lot to select and copy a webpage’s material. Once I updated to the current iOS version of the app when I highlight a word the select all option is not listed. I was wondering if it is possible to bring this feature back? For clarity the device I am using is the iPhone 8 software version 13.1.3

Thanks

@steeven @eljuno

1 Like

Thanks for reaching out!
So it seems that this is actually an iOS issue rather than a Brave one – it seems that I’m not seeing the Select all option appear after a long-press on any app/browser.

@Mattches

Before this update most app/browsers in iOS also didn’t have the select all function when doing a long press, but Brave did. I found a couple of browsers that do such as iBrowser and BrowserPro. Brave used to until this update. If it’s an iOS issue how come Brave had this option before when most browsers didn’t offer that option?

Thanks for reaching out!

So it seems that this is actually an iOS issue rather than a Brave one – it seems that I’m not seeing the Select all option appear after a long-press on any app/browser.

@Mattches

Before this update pretty much all app/browsers in iOS didn’t have the select all function when doing a long press, but Brave was the only one I found that did. In fact that was the reason why I downloaded Brave in the first place. I researched looking for a browser that had a select all function and I came across a forum mentioning Brave being the only one the person knew having it so I quickly downloaded it. Since the update I downloaded a bunch of browsers to find another one that has this feature since Brave no longer did and came across a couple of browsers that do such as iBrowser and BrowserPro. Brave used to until this update. If it’s an iOS issue how did Brave have the select all option after a long press before the update? Also, how is that iBrowser and BroswePro are able to give that option?