Security of using browser extensions and separate profiles?

Hi all, I have a security question regarding browser extensions and how to protect myself. I use very few extensions in my brave browser as I also use it for crypto and have various browser wallets installed (e.g. MetaMask). However, if I wanted to install an extension but keep it separate from my browser wallets, could I simply create another Brave profile and just use it there? I don’t know enough about how the Brave browser works to know if another profile would completely separate the extension from interacting with the wallets in the first profile. Any help or advice would be much appreciated, thanks!

1 Like

@CryptoQuiff Welcome to the community.

Yes you could. If you use Sync, make sure the Extensions option is disabled. It is disabled by default but if you have made changes and try to add your new profile to the Sync chain, you may run into problems keeping your extensions isolated. I personally would not add the new profile(s) to any existing Sync chain and would create a separate Sync chain if you want to use Sync for whatever reason. But that’s just me. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps. Take care. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks @Chocoholic . Really appreciate that :+1:

1 Like

Having a dedicated profile for your wallet is indeed the best approach in terms of security.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.