Searchninja pop-up

Hello, all. I’m receiving pop-up ads for searchninja on my Brave mobile browser, with adblock and regional adblock turned on. There were no other apps running. The most recent change was installing Amazon’s newest app, as the older one gives the warning that it is shutting down, and directs to the new one. How is the searchninja ad forcing its way into a Brave pop-up ad what are the settings are to have it blocked? The most likely thing I can think of is that the searchninja ads are being pushed through the new Amazon app; it doesn’t help that there is no opt-out function for ads in the new Amazon app, only whether they are personalized or not. If this is a function of Amazon, what apps are suggested to block this? If it’s a bug in the Brave mobile app, what needs to be done to update this? The ad in the pic is not specific to anything I was doing. The Brave privacy ads I tried once months ago but then disabled them showing. Ads are integrated into many things, but random pop-up web ads are very distracting, disruptive, and annoying. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):

1. no other apps running
  2. searchninja add pops up on Brave mobile browser

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
No random popup web ads

Expected result:
Serchninja pop-up web ad

Reproduces how often:
Once, started last night

Brave Version(See the About Brave page in Settings):
Brave 1.1.2, Chromium 75.0.3770.143

Mobile Device details
Kyocera Duraforce Pro E6830

Android/iOS Version

Additional Information:
Installed new Amazon shopping app

@rikklin that’s is Brave Ads. You may “accidentally” enable Brave Ads @ chrome://rewards.

If you have this settings, Brave will show you a Brave Ads as system notification. More

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.