SearchBaron and Bing/Ask search engine

Check whether disabling extensions and then clearing the browsing data will have a positive impact.

Fresh user profiles come without any browsing data and extensions. If the issue isn’t present in a fresh user profile, it’s very likely an extension or/and browsing data cause issues in the original user profile.

yes everythings’s cleared, thank for your help though :slight_smile:

You’re welcome but I didn’t understand - is the issue resolved now?

No it’s not, but I don’t see what more I can do :frowning:

Run an antivirus test just incase…

For me, it sometimes does change into Bing Search and its because I download some random files off of the Internet.

What extensions do you use?

Nothing I unselected all and they were only the basic extensions in Brave like things related to tor and so on

I also did, malewarebyte and spyhunter but still nothing i feel like i’m focked up ahah

1 Like

Do go through the Website that Rethanis sent. It gives you the full information about it.

If you don’t want to Download the app they suggested, I suggest you to install BitDefender since its more well known software and its shown that it detects that virus.

And I too would suggest you to use BitDefender instead of any other Antivirus since it works the best even if you just use the Free Version…

Thank you very muich i’ll tell you if it helps !

Good luck in getting rid of that crap.

Just wanted to ask, do you use Brave Shields in aggressive mode globally (brave://settings/shields) ?

1 Like

Thanks for the tips i tell you if it works !

1 Like

It seems that I’m on standart mode

If you haven’t set your Brave Shields to aggressive before clearing Site and Shields Settings, I highly recommend doing so now. The exceptional work of @fanboynz and other Brave developers can save you from such headaches in the future.

1 Like

thanks hopefully it helps ! For now I still does not work

I have never used MacOS but it looks like that crap is nothing new, you can also take a look at the thread below. You can find many threads where users are given instructions, might take you some time.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251727717

1 Like

Hello again !

Well I cleaned my mac and so and there’s nothing wrong (according to three different antivirus)
BUT I Found the Solution :slight_smile:

So for anyone who has such problem even using every solution possible, including the malwarebyte solution here is how to perforn:

• Create a new session like test sessions
  • Go to preference and copy the link of the preferred search engine (I personally use DuckDuckgo but you can take whichever is in the list like google for instance)
  • Go back to your main session and paste the link you just copied in the search engine section (in preferences)
  • Delete all others and select the new one you just copied as preferred search engine
  • Enjoy

Making regular check and cleaning of your pc/mac is always good

Thanks for the help guys :smiley:

2 Likes

Glad you worked it out…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.