Is there any way to stop Wikipedia results in Google Search automatically directing me to to the Wikipedia App, or if the app is not installed, to Google Play Store? If I search for something and want to click through to the Wikipedia website, I can’t unless I hold and open in a new tab. Otherwise, all the links are pointed to ‘Wikipedia App.’ I don’t want this, I just want to remain in the browser.
What OS and Brave version do you have? Also, do you see this same behavior with other browsers?
it was working smooth on my iPad Pro when it was running on ios 10 however as I have updated to ios 11.3 whenever now I am opening the app it only loads a blank screen on the start up and crashes after a while automatically. How do I fix it?
This is in part because the Wikipedia app is set as the default app for Wikipedia links, and in part because Chrome is not up to date.
- Go to Settings menu.
- Tap “More”.
- Tap “Application manager”.
- If the Wikipedia app is installed, go to step 4. Else, go to step 7.
- Locate “Wikipedia” and tap on it.
- Under “Launch by default”, tap the “Clear defaults” button.
- Go back to Application manager.
- Locate “Chrome” and tap on it.
- If Chrome version number is equal or greater than 37.0.2062.117, press the home button to go back to the home screen. Else, go to Play Store, locate “Chrome” and make sure to get the latest update.
- Open Chrome. The following steps are optional.
- Press the Menu button on the phone.
- Tap on “Settings”.
- Tap on “Content settings”.
- Tap on “Website settings”.
- Locate “en.m” and tap on it.
- Tap “Clear stored data”.
- Press the home button to go back to the home screen.