Search Ninja Ads Shockingly Accurate

Description of the issue:
I’ve been getting a lot of ads for Search Ninja. At first I didn’t care, just clicked like I always do. Most recently, though, the ads have been for searches that pertain to things that I have searched for on other sites or viewed on YouTube. For instance, maternity stuff (wife is preggers). How would Search Ninja know to search for that?

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Honestly not sure

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Will take one when it happens again and update

Expected result:
PRIVACY

Reproduces how often:
Twice today, different topics

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10, Brave Version 0.67.124 Chromium: 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
First post, never felt the need to post before because Brave has been awesome. But this was disconcerting enough to motivate me to register and post. Apologies if this has been addressed or is dumb. Thanks!

Hello,

Our ad matching model uses your browsing profile and other data points from your browsing experience to determine which ads to present to you.

If you were searching for these topics within Brave, it sounds like the local matching agent was working as expected.

The ad matching happens locally on your device, without your data leaving the device, so Brave has not been collecting your data on our servers to share with advertisers, etc.

I hope this helps. We’re definitely noting the feedback.

1 Like

That’s good to know.

I’d recommend an option to turn that particular feature off - it was surprising to see and reeked of Google-esque snooping techniques.

Thanks for the quick response!

@wucebrillis,
It may be worth reading deeper on how our matching model functions (and differs) from traditional ones. Taken from our Brave Ads FAQ:

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.