Scrolling won't stop once initiated

Hi,
I’ve had an issue with multiple sites where, if I click once in the scrollbar beneath the current thumb position, the page just keeps on scrolling until it reaches the bottom.
Dell Inspiron laptop, Windows 7 O/S.
Brave info:

Brave 0.21.24
V8 6.5.254.36
rev 19c78a1
Muon 4.9.3
OS Release 6.1.7601
Update Channel Release
OS Architecture x64
OS Platform Microsoft Windows
Node.js 7.9.0
Brave Sync v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent 65.0.3325.162

thanks, Eric Tanafon

Scroll down (I understand: that’s what you’re commenting about) and you’ll find two other complaints about this. Out-of-control scrolling seemingly is resolved in v0.22.11, which hasn’t yet been released to mere mortals.

FOLKS AT BRAVE: Allow users control over timing / installation of updates.

Yeah, sorry, when I searched the first time I didn’t turn up any hits, then after putting in the topic I found the existing complaints…it will be nice when the fix is released.

:star2::star2::ok_hand: Perfect Said.

Initially, it seemed v0.22.11 / v0.22.12 resolved this problem; not so. It continues albeit somewhat attenuated.

Reiterating / summarizing – Win 7 / Brave v0.22.12:

mousing over either the vertical or horizontal scroll bar changes the bar’s appearance from light to dark;

the scroll bar and scrolling remain active – with minds of their own – when I move the cursor back to web page content.

FOLKS AT BRAVE: Allow users control over timing / installation of updates.

The scrolling issue should be fixed via https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/13580 which will be in 0.22.x which is scheduled to be released on Monday. That should fix the issue that some folks are running into. If you notice the problem even after the 0.22.x release, please let me know and I’ll make sure it gets addressed.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.