I’m not sure if this was documented already or not, but I couldn’t find anything similar.
- Using Brave on macOS and ctrl+tabbing often results in webpages resizing randomly.
Actual Problem/How to Reproduce:
- On macOS, scroll with 2 fingers on the trackpad on a webpage.
- Before scrolling comes to a stop, ctrl+tab to another tab.
- The resulting webpage will resize/zoom on its own.
- What seems to be happening is that Brave is preserving the scroll momentum from the previous tab, so that when ctrl+tabbing to the next one, the act of pressing and holding ctrl plus the preserved scroll momentum causes in an unintended zoom.
This one was a tricky one to discover and reproduce, because often times using Brave I found webpages randomly resizing and I couldn’t explain why. It happened only about 5-10% of the time until I took some effort to find it. This seems to have been prevalent in all versions of Brave I’ve used. Note that I am on v0.19.53 because I downgraded to a more stable version. If anyone can confirm that this bug also exists in the latest macOS version, that’d be great.
Update Channel Release
OS Platform macOS
OS Release 16.7.0
OS Architecture x64